or Connect

Posts by AnoriensMom

I was just signing on here to post a question about the macronutrient content of chicken stock! Do you happen to know the estimated amounts of protein carbs fat etc? I just started using fitday.com and of course there is nothing listed for homemade chicken stock.
I had some more today and it was a little better. I guess it was just not what I was expecting. Maybe I was thinking it would be more like jerky, so then the texture weirded me out! I ordered two of each kind though, so I will keep trying.
After letting it sit for two days at room temp, it says to tie in cloth and hang to drain out the liquid. But there wasn't any liquid in mine ?!? I used my raw milk kefir. It tastes kind of like mashed potatoes mixed with really sour sour cream. Has anyone else tried this recipe. did I do something wrong? I just put it in the fridge any way, but I wonder if anyone will really eat it.
I just got my order from US Wellness Meats, and I was so excited to try the pemmican...and I don't like it What do you guys do to eat it? Should I start out small, and hope it grows on me?
When we got it out of a can, we would only eat soup every once in a while. Now that I make my own from my own stock, my family is requesting it all the time. My daughter even just asked for my homemade chicken soup as her special birthday dinner !!! It may sound weird to be serving it that much, but really it is in a totally different category than those other soups. Oh, and once you make it yourself you can never never go back! And there really are so many...
So when I say that "life is messy" am I really just using that as an excuse to not put effort into making my life more orderly? If I did put my life into a better schedule, would my life (and then my children's lives) be more structured rhythmically, less messy? But I want right now to wake up every morning at 6am to do yoga and meditate, and I used to be very good about that kind of stuff pre-kids. But now, my 2yo wakes up at different times, and usually whenever I...
Quote: Originally Posted by FairyRae Taco Bell vegetarian days. HAHA...I had some of those!! Amazing how much better I feel now...
Life is not structured!! We are new to HSing and Waldorf, but I was enjoying the idea of a daily rhythm and structure. We were doing pretty good the first few weeks with our morning walks and other scheduled stuff, and then things would fall apart a little, and then I would get them back on track. I was feeling a little upset about this last week, but then I was thinking that this is how life is. A little messy! It is not the same everyday, for weeks on end. And I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by herenow2 I don't suppose there is a way to just buy it somewhere and have someone else do the dirty work . That would be great if you lived near me and I could sell you some. I would love to make a few extra bucks doing something I am interested in!!! But seriously, you should check with some local farmers, like on eatwild.com or through the WAPF website or local chapters. I have found that the ones that sell...
Piping up as a former vegetarian who switched to TF. That first batch of chicken broth was so hard. But I had read so many beneficial things about it that I had to try it. I actually talked to the chicken (and still do every time I make broth) and thanked it for all the goodness it would be supplying for my family. It has been so worth it!! No illness yet here either!