or Connect

Posts by btlsmum

My kids attend a small, private Montessori. There is no formal phys. ed program, nor is there a gymnasium. The kids are outside about 45 mins a day for free play. They also go outside to exercise as work and do various projects with their class. They spend quite a bit of time outside and when the weather is good they eat outside as well. In the 9-12 class they are allowed to go outside and burn off some energy for 5 mins at a time whenever they choose (on top of the...
When I only had one, I'd put him in a "bouncy seat" and set it in the bathroom with me while I showered. Over the years, I've come to love showering before bed. Now that they are older I often shower after they have all had their baths in the evening. I have a thing about going to bed w/wet hair. I always sleep better that way so showering later works for me and it's certainly better than not at all. LOL But really, I like the peace and quite of the routine. I can...
Fat Boy Slim was always a big hit here.
Oops, I already posted in this thread. LOL
Double post
I've been hanging out here a bit and just wanted to pop in and say thanks Donosmommy. Your post really hit home for me. You outlined an approach that *for me*, is rational, practical and inline with my beliefs. It was a big help.
I wouldn't personally do it if I had young children. The life of a foster child tends to be filled with chaos in regards to their birth parents, moving from place to place, etc. They can act out quite a bit and I just wouldn't be comfortable with that possibility with young children about. Plus, it's a lot of unstability for you own children. You can be asked to drop everything and pick up a child/children immediately and you really don't know what you are getting into...
[QUOTE=Kaitnbugsmom]I am seriously lacking in a social circle outside the web. But it's mostly because there aren't any like-minded mamas in our immediate area. [QUOTE] Honestly, I don't consider that in my adult friendships too heavily because I'm not looking to relate to them on a parent to parent level, kwim? Now, if they were telling me about their parenting a lot and I disagreed we may have to disuss it, but I seriously want to talk about other topics than...
I went through a hermit phase for a few years where I didn't miss it at all. But now, in the past 2 years I've come out of my shell and am starting to get back into the adult world. I go to school a class or two a quarter in the evenings and I even get out with my best friend once a week at night. I highly recommend doing something that connects you with other adults outside of the context of being a parent.
I'm glad that you are finding the courage to speak out and get your child what he needs. As for the year round school thing, totally off-topic I know. Our public school is on a modified year round and I think it's really brilliant (from an outsiders perspective obviously LOL). I know that my kids love summer but it does wear on and by August they are nutso. The kids at PS go something like 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off. They really seem to like it. From a childcare...