or Connect

Posts by darwinphish

Quote: Originally Posted by Aimee21972 then you are not going to find a forumula without a lot of heart ache and allergic reactions either chances are if she reactes to a lot of what you eat, it is not going to be easy to find her a formual and you will go though just as many reaction THERE before you find something. There is pumping, donated EBM, goat's milk formula, and hypoallergenic formula that are all possible alternatives. While none...
hula ~ SO glad you and your family are OK. SIL recently survived a rollover where she flew off a ravine! It truly, truly makes you feel blessed to survive such a thing - SIL got her own business off the ground shortly thereafter after YEARS of dreaming about it. RE: Buffy ~ I used to be a HUGE Buffy fan. I agree that re-watching it, I find it disturbingly violent, angst-filled, and dark. I love the humor, the characters, and the sexy stuff , but I just won't expose...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheal Going through the thrush now with my NICU baby (you'd figure they would find that in NICU right away instead of me telling them he had thrush - whole differ topic there). I am going to try the grapefruit seed extract, it sounds interesting however, my nicu baby is on domperidone\renidadine and nystatin (his trush oral meds, for 5 to 10 days) at the moment - would that extract interfere with any of those do you...
Amris, I posted to your BFing thread. I have a lot of personal experience and resonance with how you've been feeling. I went through the same thing with Helen. Whether you end up leaving MDC or not, please read what I've said. Whatever the MDC-mandated stance is, there ARE alternatives and in your circumstances it's OK to pursue them!!! We're focused so much on 100% BFing success that we punish those who have truly tried and are truly at wit's end by making them feel...
Just say no to diflucan! Get thee to a healthfood store and buy some grapeFRUIT seed extract. In a little white bottle with a red cap. Put 10 drops GSE to one ounce water, and swish with a cottonball on your nipples after every feeding/pumping. It eradicated my thrush when every other treatment in the book (diflucan included) had failed. Also, put away the lansinoh. You can culture thrush in lansinoh. I have no idea why it's the 'gold standard' nipple cream. Try to...
This is not from a perspective of wifely submission, but my husband and I have the same problem. I mess up our finances, ask him to take over for me, and then he fails to do ANYTHING until I take them up again. So no great advice just s. My own feeling is that I need to work on myself first. Figure out why I'm so bad with it when I'm a generally organized and responsible person. I realize that I was trying to avoid admitting it was a problem by asking DH to handle it...
Well, I think I'll break down and get teflex dehydrator sheets. I really need some tortillas in my life! Yesterday was haaard. I had a meeting go til 9pm and hadn't eaten since 4. Trader Joe's was closed so I ended up at Albertsons wandering the isles. I got salad fixings but what I really wanted was frozen pizza. With pepperoni. I had my 3rd salad of the day at 10 and went to bed pretty miserable. What are fast, easy raw dishes that don't resemble salad? I need...
Quote: Originally Posted by mercyn that is NOT asparagus in the top left corner; it is a cascade of money! That's totally what I thought it was!!! I was wondering... money to buy asparagus? an asparagus farm? investing in asparagus ventures? Your map looks awesome, cascading asparagus and all! I don't have a camera but I WILL get a pic taken of mine this weekend to post!
Interesting. I try to avoid teflon. Is this the only option for the dehydrator? Both the cookies and the ice cream are delicious - they do use maple syrup which isn't technically raw but is in many raw cookbooks. I figure it's nutritious and tasty, so I don't worry about it. You could sub agave or honey I suppose. 2 cups pecans, soaked for 4-5 hrs 1/2 cup maple syrup 1 cup raw milk (or water or almond milk) 1/4tsp cinnamon pinch sea salt Strain pecans, put...
Quote: Originally Posted by nini2033a My biggest problem is that I keep wanting to make something and discover I need to have been sprouting something for 3 days to make it. I rarely have the sprouts going.... Karen YES! I always have that problem with raw recipies. Most of them have so much lead time. So we got an ancient Excalibur dehydrator from freecycle. It's large, loud, and scary. I'm a bit nervous about our power bill! We tried...