or Connect

Posts by Mylittlevowels

You really will be "making milk for the masses" What a blessing!
Certain people seem to set ds off. He was fine with the SLP and OT at his multi teams assessment. He hates the developmental ped (can't blame him for that one, I can't stand her either) and his OT has never been able to evaluate him properly because he throws a huge shitfit every time we go there. The only way we got him to calm down last time was that the OT had a student observing and ds liked her. He has an evaluation for speech in September and I sure hope he likes...
My father and stepmother are hoarders. I grew up in a house that was easily a 4. Their house is currently 5 or above It's torture for a child. Their kitchen isn't usable (you can't even walk in there because it's blocked with crap) so they eat out for every meal. The floor is caked with cat feces, cat hair and furballs You can smell the inside of their house from the curb if they have the door open. My mother's house was more like a -15. She had OCD in the other...
My husband does this with cereal. I buy the big box of shredded wheat (the kind with frosting on one side ) because dd eats it for breakfast and dh and I both like it. Once I bought it on a Thursday and went to have a bowl on a Saturday night. It was all gone!! 1.3 kg of shredded wheat and he ate it all in 3 days!! I was so aggravated and we had a huge discussion about how disrespectful it is to do that. He just didn't think. He did get his punishment, however. He...
I'm glad everything worked out for you. I definitely know the feeling of being "frozen", and being too depressed to get out of it. Sometimes, asking for help is the bravest thing.
As the mother of a child that was diagnosed just after his 2nd birthday, no. I don't think your son has autism. But I'm not a medical professional nor do I play one on TV, so take from that what you will IMO, the joint attention thing gives it away. I remember the Xmas before my son turned two, watching my nephew who is 4 months younger try to get his parents' attention and point out objects to them. It was then that I knew something was different about my son. He...
Tim Burton.
No, I wouldn't do this. But I might stand over him menacingly until he took it Last weekend, dh wiped out on the floor coming in from the pool and took quite a bit of skin off the palm of his hand. I told him he should put a bandaid on it so it wouldn't get dirt in it. He refused. I cajoled, pleaded and nagged. He just grinned and said nope. Then we went to his mother's house As soon as we got there, I said loudly, "MIL, do you have a bandaid? Dh has a big cut...
I think just as many agreed with as criticized, so... I didn't register for china, I inherited mine - two sets! My father gave them to me as a wedding present. The first set was a Noritake that my grandmother bought in the 70's. It's very simple and lovely. The second was a 12 setting Limoges tea set that belonged to my great great grandmother. It's at least 150 years old. Someday I will actually use it
His fearlessness. Ironically, this is also the trait that drives me the most nuts