or Connect

Posts by Ophelia

I was almost going to order this:  http://toddlercoddler.com/other_products/BedBugz/bedbugz.html until I saw on the Target site it mentioned it is flame retardent!  Don't want those crappy chemicals anywhere near us.   I know another option is getting a couple yoga bolsters, but they look too short and I don't really want a gap in between.  The bed is full size and I only need for one side.  6 ft total length of bed.   Not handy with sewing so I need something...
I have a long list of PVC-free lunchboxes from CHEJ but not sure if any of them will work for what I am looking for.  DS just started kindergarten and our previous food system will not work so I need to get something new.   First, he has to keep his morning snack separate from his lunch.  So far I've given him a yogurt cup and fruit.  Is there any small insulated PVC and BPA free bag where I can put a banana separate from the insulated part?   For his lunch, I...
She doesn't seem neglectful in other ways - DS was there for a few years.  The only thing odd then was that if he had a poopy diaper or underwear, the clothing would come home WITH the poop in it.  Really odd.  It's like she just doesn't quite get it about anything other than disposables.  She is really great with the kids otherwise.  She does have another adult helper on the days I've had DD there.  I don't think she has any other infants DD's age.  Maybe 1 or two older.
  What Lindsay said (and she was there at ours)!  We had Vanessa for our daughter's birth in Feb. and I think your criteria describes her.  I had never been through a natural transition before during labor so I even had to ask if it was OK for me to push since I had no clue, Vanessa knew it was OK by the way I was acting and how things were moving along.  She told me to reach up and see if I could feel my baby's head and I did.  One of the most unforgettable moments of...
Now i see the link, thanks!  it says:   Diapers. Children in diapers shall be kept clean and dry. The following sanitary procedures must be used to reduce the spread of communicable disease. A. An adequate supply of clean diapers must be available for each child and stored in a clean place inaccessible to children. If cloth diapers are used, parents must provide a change of the outer plastic pants for each fecally soiled diaper change. Cloth diapers, except...
I went to the new page for the link above and I'm not sure where to look...?  Thanks!
Thanks!  I'll mention every 2 hours and see how it goes.  Last time she came home with ONE dirty diaper and an extra dirty insert!  ??  And she was dry when I got there which means she was probably changed not too long before that, so she went most of the day in one wet diaper??   This is all my county law says about changing frequency:  B. Diapers and clothing must be changed when wet or soiled.
Thanks, I will check the site and see what it says.  Unfortunately I was unable to get the GAPS book through the library.  May just have to buy it.  Because I cheated a bit over a week ago (we were far from home for longer than anticipated and I didn't bring enough to eat) and that next week she got eczema again.  One of the things I ate were corn chips :(  So if she is getting eczema from corn, that is REALLY hard because corn is in 95% of processed foods.  Makes me...
Thanks!  GSE is my next course of action (topical only).  It's been 7 days since using the additional second topical antibiotic.  It may be a bit better but not really going away.   I'll have to check on the honey and Usnea too, not sure if that is available locally.
Well, a bit of an update things are worse.  Now in addition to the poop and usual pee, I have realized that he is leaking pee.  All the time.  I noticed drips on the floor before, but since he is a basset I thought it was just drool spots even though he only drooled around food before.  Then this morning I had him out on the deck and I could just see it dripping, he can't even hold it in at all.  Whether he is sitting or standing, doesn't matter.  Even if he is standing,...