or Connect

Posts by Ophelia

My son stayed at this DCP for a few years, but I mostly used disposables and then waterproof trainers.    I just started DD there part time 2 days week.  She is there about 7-8 hours total and I noticed that she only comes home with 2 dirty diapers used out of the large amount I stuff in her bag.  And the diapers are soaked.  I use Softbums with one smaller insert (I EC so I change her and take her potty a lot at home).  I mentioned that she could use two inserts to...
DD 6mo has had rashes under her neck and in diaper area since about 2mo.  I originally thought it was yeast (I also have/had skin yeast), so was trying to treat for that.  The rash goes in cycles of getting better on it's own and then back to red and more rashy (whether or not I treat it).  The one under her neck has spread in recent weeks :(   I tried TTO in olive oil, didn't work.  Including using TTO in diaper wash. Tried coconut oil although that is more...
Unfortunately, I can't confine him to one small area, it wouldn't really do any good.  If he pees, he will just lay in it, and if he poops well first it will completely stink up the house horrible like it always does, and he will also lay/step in it and then he'll get it all over his fur like he has done before.  He didn't poop this morning at first, so I left him out on the deck while I pumped.  Yep, then he pooped and walked in it so I had to hose the deck AND his feet...
  Maybe it would be different if DH was at home all the time like I was, he works 40 hours a week plus running miscellaneous errands and things.  I am caretaker during the times he is not here, and also in the morning before he wakes up if the dog is downstairs and not in his bedroom.   The dog is getting rimadyl for the arthritis that DH claims in nonexistent.     So I need to respect his feelings, I get that and I am trying very hard.  It's been well over a YEAR...
I did pick up the second antibiotic topical perscription, haven't used it yet.  The thing is, I tried TTO a while ago and it didn't make a difference.  Just read an article on how good it is to treat staph, but apparently it didn't touch DD's so maybe I DO need something stronger.    Hmmm, I could check on the silver spray if my co op carries it.  Thanks!
  Both dogs actually made quite a bit of messes in the house - when we moved in there was new carpet upstairs and in the basement.  They ruined every inch of it and I've lived with the stink for years.  The carpet upstairs was recently pulled out, the basement still needs to be pulled and we basically don't have the cash to replace it. However, it was inconsistent as they could go quite a while w/o making a mess.     Good idea!   Well, this is certainly not the first time...
I just can't do that, I would have to keep that lie in the rest of my life :(   Oh, and he was laying in his pee yet again yesterday and had to have another bath.  Then about 1 1/2 hours later DS and I came home from the park and he was laying there with poop behind him.  I dont' know what else to do and it's so stressful.
Thanks!  GSE is grapefruit seed extract which is antimicrobal or something like that.
Last week I found out that in fighting my own yeast skin rashes, I got MRSA.  DD has had a diaper rash plus a rash under her chin since about 2mo.  I thought it was yeast, was trying natural remedies.  The rash will start to get better then get worse again, never really goes away.   Apparently they didn't check the culture for yeast (I thought they were going to!) but it did show strep (not MRSA strangely enough.  What's with all this staph??).  Was using Bactroban...
That's OK, he definitely cleans up quite a bit of poop and pee so he knows how much it is and how our dog can't get up by himself anymore.  He sees it and deals with it but thinks it's fine :(