or Connect

Posts by Ophelia

Thanks!  Even though he works full time weekdays and I am home right now, he still does the bulk of the caretaking when he is at home.  Although for a while I was waking him up to clean up early morning poop and then he got mad at me for that.  So he does see this stuff firsthand, and he also carries him up and down the stairs.  He just does.not.get.it and meanwhile my stress level goes up,up and I keep wondering what will happen to our dog that is so horrible that he...
We got 2 basset hounds 8 years ago, one of them passed 2 years ago.  DH is the main caretaker, moreso in recent years after having kids. Our now 16yo basset has been pooping in the house almost daily for well over a year now.  It was not every single day for a while, but now it is and even sometimes 2-3 times a day.  He doesn't even get up sometimes, just lays there and poops and I think he even poops in his sleep.  Many times his legs are splayed, or I come home and...
Anyone know quite a bit about this diet?  I've heard of it before, but just started looking into it because I need to do it to heal my gut.   I've been having candida yeast overgrowth issues probably most of my life but it has come out in skin issues mostly the last year.  In addition to and because of that, I now have MRSA also :( I've been taking Diflucan for over a month now and notice no change, although now it just may be the MRSA and resolve with antibiotic. ...
Thanks!  The couple times I inquired about it, Walgreens didn't tell me I could order it and it would be there the next day!  Finally the third time the pharmacy said that.  So I used it (4 days too long though, whoops) and it's the only thing I've tried so far that seemed to work.  I'm still healing so it's hard to tell if it got all the yeast but I think so (I still have it systemically though).
I started EC with DS (now 5) when he was 2 months old, he would pee/pooh on cue by 5 months old (part time as I had a full time job and he was in daycare).  Never had intuition, just went by timing.  Fast forward to DD, I started EC casually when she was a few days old.  No job now, so I EC full time.  She is now 5 months and I still miss a LOT.  Examples:   --I ask her to go (several times for about 3 minutes), she won't go for me yet she'll go a few minutes later...
  Yeah, actually we did when he was 2....because he's high spirited and low impulse control and we weren't sure how to deal with some issues.  At the time she said he did have low impulse control for his age (so at 2 years it was less than 20%)   Yes, he does have LOTS of pee accidents both daytime and nighttime.  I think it's at least partial food, but unfortunately have not had the cooperation of DH or I would have figured it out by now.  No, not an unhealthy interest...
We did the gift exchange, and amazingly it went great!  It went pretty quick so I didn't see what all the kids got.  Only one fight broke out, but it was between brother/sister so I don't count that :)   I asked everyone to bring a wrapped, used toy from their collection, preferably gender-neutral.  I made two sets of numbers, taped one set to the presents and the other numbers was used for the kids to draw their number.    One set of siblings did not want to...
MN Zoo in Apple Valley was closed for 2 days, but now it is open again.  I'm pretty sure Como is still open and not affected.  Other than that yeah, the State Parks and such are closed :(
Hmm, maybe only certain Walgreens carries it.  I called one by my house and they said they don't have it.
Valleyfair IS pretty cool, but expensive and technically you aren't supposed to bring your own food in, but we did anyways because we have allergies.  Check their site.  I may have coupons for you if you decide to go.   MN Zoo is open, as is Como Zoo.  MN Zoo might be pretty busy in a few weeks, a new penguin exhibit is opening soon.  Minnehaha Falls.  Yeah Duluth is awesome if you go up that way.