or Connect

Posts by Ophelia

I also read that it is fairly hard to catch CP from someone who has shingles. I wouldn't say 100% for sure it wouldn't happen, but unlikely. If you go, just make sure your Mom washes her hands a lot. I think my MIL has shingles all the time, literally. Or very often. She stays over for holidays and DS hasn't gotten CP from her. But he's also not touching open sores on her, and I think if she did have any sores they are on her back under clothing.
I read the book also and the only two things I remember that I really didn't agree on were the vaccination and circumcision sections. If you want to send a Sears/AP book to your SIL, how about Sears Attachment Parenting book? I have not read it myself but I don't think it has as much 'health' stuff as the Baby book. Maybe someone else will know. Dr. Jay Gordon is middle-of-the-road. I really like his DVD a lot, although there are more reasons I am wary of vaccines...
Wonderful, I bookmarked it. Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Marnica As for your husband, he clearly needs to do some research. When he gives you the line about "Im still here and had all the vaxes" you can point out that the long term effects of all the vaxes he has gotten remain to be seen. He could come down with an autoimmune disorder, cancer, another chronic disease. Just because he didn't have any immediate life threatning reactions doesn't mean sqaut. The long term effects of...
Quote: Originally Posted by brennasmom Nope, never have and I am 37. I have been exposed more than once but have never come down with them. My mom never had them either... maybe a natural immunity? You could have had the virus in your system and just been asymptomatic (no rash, fever, etc). It does happen. I completely understand about worrying, and the worry about something that you have had no personal experience with. I had CP when I...
Constant rashes prompted me to try EC when DS was about 2mo. He ended up having two different types of rashes. One of them was a burn rash on his rectum, which turned out to be a sensitivity to wheat (among a few other symptoms). The other rash was more in the groin area. I was CD'ing at the time, and can only assume that he was fine in the CD until he peed. If he sat in the wet for any length of time, he got a rash. Sensitive skin. So I had to quit CD'ing and go to...
It would take billions of dollars, but I would take over every company that buys the foreskin and shut them down. I would take over all the manufacturers that produce the RIC instruments and shut down the production lines. (this would not affect anything they do not related to RIC). I still think if we can get the doctors to change their minds about it, that would make the numbers drastically drop
Quote: Originally Posted by phrogger However, there is belief there is some genetic component too. People wonder why not all kids who have vaccines have autism. That is because there needs to be something there that is triggered. It can be immune issues or neurological. Thanks for explaining all that! I do read about autism nearly every day but dont' always remember the specifics. Have a nephew with high-functioning autism (was originally...
Quote: Originally Posted by CanidFL I have a nasty cold right now and it’s on day 3. I’m loading up on vitamin C and trying to stay healthy. I don’t think I can handle another season of flu shot propaganda Same here (nasty cold and Vit C/SA) but no one's asked me if I got the shot. Yep, the flu shot propoganda and scaremongering gets old real quick, doesn't it? I have a feeling it is just going to get worse and worse every year. The major...
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelGS I'd switch peds over this, yes. You're being bullied, and you're susceptible to it. It's hard to stand your ground when you're not quite sure what you believe, and when you're still researching. Practice saying, "We're not giving any vaccinations today," until it is easy and firm and you can do it with absolutely no hesitation. And find a doctor who respects your wishes while you research. Exactly. This...