or Connect

Posts by TKEM

we live a hundred miles from the nearest town so by mid winter i'm baking 8-10 loaves a week. some sourdough to save on yeast and a lot of wheat grain combo's. whatever is open and out front that week. my kidlets are toast and tea fanatics in the morning so life is smooth when the bread is on hand. bread is great when your making it all the time cause once your "station" is set up it's just a matter of doing it every few days. right now i am also making all...
my hubby and I just spent the last 2 summers working on a cordwood pony wallto replace rotten foundation and bottom logs in a old log cabin. At first the work was tedious but once a rythem was established, it really wasn't bad. We used a mortar mix and filled the inside of the walls with blueboard, inthe spaces between logs as the cabin is 80 miles above the arctic cirlce and insulation is definatly a must!! We are definatly interested in building eithor a barn and or...
I am currently housesitting a bunch of animals including 5 milking goats. I made a mistake and soaked the milk pail for too long in the hi-chlor sanitizing solution and it left big tarnishes where the stainless steel was touching the other stainless steel. I don't know how to remove them- it's just aestics but I would like to fix what I messed up. I'm open too any suggestions...and thanks ahead of time!!!
wow it sure is nice to hear from so many schoolin' mamas. I'm surprised at all the outings everyone does. We live in rural ak and so if the temp drops to -40 for a few weeks we don't go anywhere. My ds is just 6, starting to sound out and read, adding and subtacting to 20 and is still learning to tell time. With that said she makes a mean loaf of cinnamon sugar bread and knows how to start and drive(not alone!) both the snowmachine and 4 wheeler. I just don't believe...
Let me start by saying I have had two successful uc's. Now that I've decided to heal and rest and enjoy my darlings I've noticed women all around me who are expecting. While readying myself to uc I tried to study and learn and dive fully and whole heartedly into the joys of birthing and I most certantly did, studing( or harassing ) the local midwives with questions and sopping up every little bit of info I could. Now I feel like I'm wanting to share with other mama's but...
at what age does the foreskin retract? my family is lucky to not have medical providers, just a few dr. friends who help on the side and in emercencies we've gone to clinics but none have even looked at the little guy's weiner(excuse my french ) I'm always careful to watch for any discharge or infection as he's always touching and pulling at himself. I've fiquered it's his new found out of diapers freedom and he'll grow out of it. If it's painful then we don't need to...
thanks for the welcoming!!! even now that i'm done birthing for the time i find myself scrolling through the threads. one. to see what other mamas are up to and to maybe use some of the plentiful birthing logic that i have floating in my head. my ds is also a leo. born a year and 10 days befor yours shell024 and has taken to evening family wrestlemania and sometimes comes out on top! unfortunatly i'm losing my web access again soon so will be disappering for a...
here in alaska it's hard to get a bc because every resident receives a dividend from the oil revenues and so they worry about scams but they can only be so strict because it's not uncommon to be 300 miles away from a hospital w/o road access. regardless it took us 2 1/2 years to receive a bc for my dd and then it was a "delayed birth certficate"- anyone else get one of those? we didn't have any one look at her for 9 mon. so it was a real run around. with my ds we had a...
hello mama's. i hve never formally introduced myself and fiquered i should since i post sometimes. my first uc dd is almost 5!! holy cow time flies and her little brother uc#2 is 16 months and is out of control 100% boy. his saving grace is that he loves to read in between destroying everything he gets ahold of. i sure do appreciate this forum. i only wish i knew about it when undertaking my 1st uc-definatly wouldn't have felt so alone- i;m sure a few of you can...
i am a fairly young mother and had my first birth (uc) at 22. i was sure from the beginning that it's what i wanted and never said differently... and ohhh how they all tried to talk me out of it but the key for me was not to show any weakness or doubt. it felt like if they found a crack they'd tear the whole thing down. makes sense? we had 0 support from family but were lucky enough to live in alaska while they stayed down south. we lived w/o electricity and running water...