or Connect

Posts by TKEM

This is kind of a strange development for me but my left breast is twice the size as my right. My son prefers this tit and nurses twice as much on it but it's starting to feel uncomfortable. I nursed my daughter for 2 years without problems. I guess what I really want to know is if this a permanent condition or once I stop milking it will go away and I'll even up again? I actively try to evenly nurse him on both sides but he simply prefers the left, My...
i took the shot quite a few years ago, i was traveling abroad with my boyfriendright after highscholl grad. and it was rhe only way my mom would let me go. no problems when i was on the shot although in retrospect i did gain some weight. only when i stopped taking it after two years did i run into problems. I started bleeding heavly for aproximently one week. So much that I couldnt leave the bathroom for hours at a time. I also did not have an appetite for a one month...
hi there thought i'd add my 2 cents although i'm breastfeeding at the moment so typing is tricky, my husband and i have been relying on the lams method since mowat was 2 mon. he's almost7 now and is just starting to eat real food and so now were brainstorming. condoms dont work for us and i refuse to take hormonal b.c. wereback to pulling out but a) its maddening and b) notfully effective. i think that once my cycles return i'll be able to chart my rythems but until...
One good thing for dinner is green spaghetti, All you do is blend 1lb fresh or frozen spinach 1/4-1/2c. butter 1c milk salt and parmesan cheese boil your noodles and throw sauce on top- my four year old was suspicous at first but after one bite was sold. the best part is from start to finish it only takes 15 min.
THE BEST SOURDOUGH BISCUIT RECIPE... 2c. active starter 2c. any flour I usually mix 1c wheat with wheat germ NY soy flour whatever you have on hand 2tbsp sugar honey mollasas make as healthy or not as you like 1tbsp baking soda I usually scant this as I'm wary of the stuff 1tbsp sea salt mix starter with sweetener and let sit while you round up your flours 5 min or so... then mix...
Desdamona... I am right now finishing my recovery from a UC in Aug. my 2nd one and completly understand what your feeling. With both of my births I just knew that I had to be left alone to birth with my husband at my side. Ironically enough it was easy to connvince him the first time but was harder the second and I tried to find someone to be there without interupting to no avail. Luckily once the midwives in my area realized we were going to UC reguardless of what they...
Hello everyone, thought I'd chime in on the conversation. I am not pregnant right now but am recovering from my 2nd sucessful UC. During labor I made sure to drink lots of electrolyte juices mixed with a little of Bach Rescue Remedy and almost immediatly after I ingested homeopathic arnica pellets to help relive soreness. chammomile pellets are also good and help baby relax as well as you. One precaution my husband took(he's my midman) was to cut the umbillical cord long(6...
I am the mother of 2 unvaccinated children 4yrs and 6 mon. and have been searching for homeopathic alternatives to vaccinations. I have found mentions of remedies classified as nosodes being used in Germany, France and Holland but can only find them being administered to animals only here in the U.S. Does anybody have any information or an idea of where to look to find out more about these. I live in a very small community and my resouces are limited. : :
thanks for responding Cathe. I do try to pack every bite with as much goodness as possible and my daughter eats most everything if I can get her to sit to eat. I've tried putting her in her old high chair to keep her from being distracted but that bothers everybody in the family. Ithink what is happeninng now is that I've stressed mealtimes so much that she's figuered out how to push my buttons. Do I run the risk of starving her if I call her bluff by not offering food to...
Do any mamas out there have any advice for feeding a finicky eater? It seems like every meal is a frustrating experience starting at bkft and climaxing at dinner. She has no visible signs of illness and no loss of energy, she just is'nt interested in food. Candy never has a problem of disapearing. She is small anyway and I worry about her body having enough reserves to survive these preschool years. I know that children won't starve themselves I'm just tired of the...