or Connect

Posts by AllisonK

Quote: Originally Posted by doubledutch the cheapest thing for me to make is soup (usually based around dried beans, split peas, or lentils). it depends on your inventory, though. considering the length of time and the possibility for emergencies to pop up during those six weeks (like needing a medication or something), i think it would be wise to look into local food banks or other one-time help. i'm guessing you are probably also thinking about...
I don't think that I even needed to post this after doing an inventory. I think the thought of doing it was freaking me out and now that I know what we have in the house feel much better. We normally spend around $400 a month to feed all of us and this includes a bit of stocking up. We also can/preserve in the summer and I own a pressure canner so have stocks and beans canned from earlier buys.
Thankfully I have a hugely (I think so anyway, small compared to some I am sure, ) stocked pantry and would love ideas for meals or links to recipes to stretch it, without depleting it, if possible. We are feeding a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids that all eat a good amount for their ages) breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks 7 days a week. I am going to do an inventory and will update this post with that in a little bit. Okay ETA my inventory. I am not so worried...
Quote: Originally Posted by kaPOW! well that's reassuring! Umm I'm lost. Quote: Originally Posted by kaPOW! dang, that's really sad i bet all of your hard work made the house sell faster though. i am getting a hankering to move myself, and it has crossed my mind how crappy it would be to walk away from the garden. I think we would probably bring the soil with us, which does not sound fun. bleh. but, i would really like a...
Who is still burning? Seems like there would be enough info in the posts with all the kids ages, etc but I can't seem to get it. lol
This thread is only three pages and I can't find where I left off. Congratulations on twins! DH would love a nerf gun. Big news over here is we are moving! To the middle of no where. By choice, where the only internet is dial up or satellite and there is no cell phone service. But its nice and big and has a huge fenced acre. We can have as many chickens as we want (now we have 4) and a big garden! Wonder how hard it is to load MDC on dial up... My...
Quote: Originally Posted by kaPOW! Hi Cynthia and Danita!!!! I AM GOING TO KOREA!!!! In March!!! I am So Dang Excited!!!! Ryan is going for a 4 day conference, and the boy and I are going to tag along like we did when we went to Japan. Except, this time we're going for 2 weeks because Ryan felt ripped off when he didn't have any fun time in Japan. YAY!!!! serious big fat yay!!!! I have such a travel bug in me, this is the greatest news since the Japan...
I used Mirena in between Maddy and Michael but as I had no issues then I can't tell you if it changed anything. I still got cysts all the time with it but I'm kind of used to those as I have been getting them since I was about 15. Oh and if anyone can't figure it out I'm Allison. Its hard huh, I choose such unique user names. The texting thing has always happened (a lot of the day and in the evenings a bit). They text a lot he's SAHD since he lost his job...
Drama continued last night with text messages from the DH to Joe until about 11pm. Joe started answering and then he stopped cause it was making him mad. The guy had the nerve to say that he did nothing wrong and that the issue is with me and his wife. Umm okay.
[QUOTE=SleepyMamaBear;14778991]oh man, bleeding... i was recently diagnosed with adenomyosis. found after doing an ultrasound to check out my uterus after two months straight of constant bright red heavy bleeding. going through many many many tampons ans pads a day. if you have intense cramping, and really heavy bleeding, i would reccomend talking to your health care provider about it. [QUOTE] I went to my doctor several months ago because this has been going on for...