or Connect

Posts by Mama2Bug

My DD is almost 6. By the time she's my age (33), I imagine:   -She will be shocked by how much waste there used to be. Nearly everything produced at that time will be easily recycled/biodegradable. -People will very rarely buy new vehicles and families with more than one will be unheard of, due to the price of gasoline. -There will be no such thing as a "middle class." -The US will no longer be THE world's superpower but will share that position with one or...
I'm an etsy seller and ship most things in bulky, manila envelopes. It won't be that hard to ship it out. If your post office has an automatic postage machine, it will have a scale built right in and will print the postage for you on a self-adhesive label. You can use a credit or debit card to pay and you will be able to drop it in the package drop box right there. The whole process should take about as long as using an ATM, if you have the package addressed ahead of...
How old is your son now? If he's old enough to keep the information to himself amongst his peers- and he won't be TOO crushed- you might be able to gently tell him the truth.   For what it's worth, we chose not to do Santa at all, for exactly those reasons. My DD is nearly six and has never had a problem with not doing Santa.
Trouble with Trolls by Jan Brett Annie and the Wild Animals by Jan Brett The Rainbabies by Laura Krauss Melmed Grandfather Twilight by Barbara Helen Berger in November by Cynthia Rylant Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato by Tomie d'Paola How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
Quote: Originally Posted by DevaMajka a dad at ds's school was telling me about a puzzle type game called traffic jam that he really liked for his dd. It sounded neat. I found it online, but he said his was a game with cards. That sounds like Rush Hour. The puzzles that you have to solve are on cards that come with the game.
Have you checked out starfall? It's 100% free, very thorough and even has lots of printables so that you can switch things up sometimes. My DD loves it. It has contributed immensely to her reading ability, just because she has so much fun with it.
I think you can address the issue without being confrontational or telling them how to parent. I'd be pleasant and say something like "We really like Julie and enjoy having her over to play, but we can't do it every day. Our family has a strict after-school routine that we really need to stick to. Does Julie have a house key? I wouldn't want to leave her on her own outside."
Quote: Originally Posted by tracymom1 I have CERTAINLY had people refuse food. NUMEROUS times! I wasn't trying to imply that they hadn't- I'm sure that it happens! Your area has a much higher homeless population that mine. I'm sure my offer will be refused eventually. I just keep offering, because then they've had the chance to accept. People are rude to me every day- cashiers, other drivers, my own kid! One rude comment from a homeless person...
I figure that if someone is at such a low point that they're begging on the streets (and I don't really care why they're that low), then I am immeasurably better off than they are. Therefore, even if I am nearly broke, they need my fifty cents or whatever much more than I do. I have clean clothes, a place to sleep and am not going to go hungry for want of that change. So, if I have it, I give it freely. If I don't have it, I always try to catch their eye and smile. So many...
I usually carry a bag of some kind, but it could be anything from a purse to a tote bag to my backpack from high school. The "essentials": -daily planner & pen -keys -sunglasses -compact powder and lip gloss (maybe concealer at that time of the month) -small tin with cough drops, allergy pills and Rescue Remedy chews -travel size wet wipes -one or two tampons (backup in case of Diva failure) -handkerchief -ear buds for iPod -phone -my awesome organizer wallet...