or Connect

Posts by Mama2Bug

When DD (now almost 6) was a baby, her favorites were Kringelring, Haba Scalari Fish, Skwish and her Rich Frog Elephant. Through toddlerhood, she played the most with the Rainbow People Mover and the matching Rainbow People Bath Boat , her Mailbox, elephant pull toy and her Vilac vehicles. As an older toddler and up until now, she's enjoyed her play kitchen with felt and wooden foods, her dollhouse, wooden blocks, pirate ship, tool bench and toy piano. Many of the...
Regretsy, FAIL Blog, fml, Futility Closet, Married to the Sea, Texts From Last Night....
My DD is almost 6 and has been able to carry a tune as long as she's been able to sing. When she was a baby (I'm guessing close to, but not quite, a year old), we used to play a game with her where we'd hum something short to her and she'd hum it back. I wish I'd gotten it on video. She actually has quite a nice little voice. She makes up songs all day long. I think she's way too young for any kind of formal instruction, but I wouldn't be surprised if she'd like to do...
Have you seen Phonics Comics? They're really cute and come on several different reading levels. There are also quite a few "genres" (superhero, mystery, silly etc) so I'm sure there's a few that your DS would find appealing.
Quote: Originally Posted by InMediasRes People who go looking for something, peer into the closet/pantry/drawer for ten seconds, announce that they can't find it, and then act surprised when I pull it right out from under their nose. Oh my goodness, yes! Between DH and DD, I can't count the number of times each day that I say "You may have to use your hands to move things around, if you want to find it." I think ~Purity♥Lake~ is right....
We have three bookcases full of childrens books so it will be very difficult to choose! I'll just list DD's favorites. "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and most of the other Eric Carle books. "Please, Baby, Please" by Spike Lee "Little Fur Family" by Margaret Wise Brown "The Peace Book" by Todd Parr "Pumpkin Soup" by Helen Cooper "The Gruffalo" and "The Gruffalo's Child" by Julia Donaldson "Bartholomew and the Oobleck" by Dr. Seuss and, most of all,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ ' It looks like all your pet peeves could be summed up into one. Your pet peeve is laziness. I believe you may be right!
When you're waiting in line for something like an event or concert, someone walks up to casually chat with an acquaintance who is in line ahead of you and then just merges into the line with their friends. Um, hello? All of us back here were in line first.... People in my house (DH ) who will stuuuuuff something into the trash when it is already nearly or completely full, rather than just take the trash out and put in a new bag. This is especially fun when their...
I think of my grandfather, my uncle and my husband's cousin- all of whom were/are named Forrest. I never thought a thing of it as a kid, except that it was one of those "old fashioned" names that some adults had. I do think of Gump sometimes now, but only because I've seen the movie. I doubt that many kids born in the last five years will ever see it, so they probably won't make the association. Their parents might, but it would take a pretty rude/clueless adult to say...
I've had a Diva for about four months now and it's been great. There was a slight learning curve the first month- especially figuring out the best way to insert it. There are different folding techniques and it takes some practice to figure out which works best for you. Looking back, I wish I'd gotten used to putting it in before I actually needed it, because it was more difficult to learn while managing the mess. Other than that, the only other thing I would say is...