or Connect

Posts by Mama2Bug

I can't remember not knowing how to read. I do have distinct memories of reading quietly to myself at 2 and 3 years old. Nobody seems to know when I learned. I was in Kingpin. I was just an extra, but I can be seen clearly on the back of the soundtrack. That's me- right above Woody's head, with the long hair and barrette. The girl to the left, with the dress and bobbed hair, is my art school roommate. I have a younger cousin who is related to me on both sides of my...
I'll keep you in my thoughts.
I live in NC, so we deal with mega-hot Summers. Some stuff that helps in the car- Bring a chilled drink along. Keep a water bottle in the fridge for a few hours before you leave. Add an ice cube or two just before leaving. Leave a bit of preparation time before going places. Open all the car doors for a minute or two to let the trapped heat out then close it up and run the air conditioner for a few minutes. Definitely keep a blanket or towel over the car seat when...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristyMarie What if they did? I'm sorry but there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about over an honest days work. I am teaching my son that different people have different jobs because different things need to be done and we all have a job to do. Jobs are different and necessary - not right and wrong.
What if you bought solid-colored party hats and decorated them with Star Wars stickers? That could even be a fun activity for the party guests.
My DD is home schooled but I like basic, multi-functional kids clothes. I have bought her some things that are technically "uniform" pieces (jumpers, khakis, sweaters). I have gotten wonderful deals at Burlington Coat Factory and the clothes have held up extremely well. They're popular name brands- Lee, Osh Kosh and others.
I found a Bruder logging truck here. Looks very cool! I don't have a DS but my DD is also 5. Her favorites aren't particularly "girly" so I'll give this a shot. Does he like dress-up? DD has a superhero cape similar to these. She wears it nearly every day. She spends a lot of time lately making up stories for her finger puppets. We have a little puppet stage like this that she really loves. If he has a play kitchen (or you think he'd like to start one), Etsy has some...
My 5 year old DD will play with herself for very long periods of time- up to two hours, I'd say. There are a lot of factors that contribute to that, I'm sure. For one thing, she's an only child and home schooled, so she isn't used to constant playmates. I am a SAHM but I have an etsy store that takes up quite a bit of my free time. I will play with her some each day but she knows not to expect my constant attention. It's just been this way since she was tiny so she's very...
Quote: Originally Posted by peainthepod My parents are also toxic (and so we no longer have contact with them) so I can completely relate.... ....You're very strong to stand up to these people. The pull of "But they're your parents!" is very very powerful and society frowns on those of us who were raised by abusers and choose to limit or break contact. That's okay; society doesn't live your life and isn't responsible for your and your children's...
I've had many cats over the years. Each one is a special little being. It's so hard when they go. I'm sure that your kitty knows that you love her and senses your comforting presence as she moves on.