or Connect

Posts by Mama2Bug

I don't know if this is the case with your grandmother, but the older women in my life have always been on a pretty fixed income. Even if she eats like a bird, groceries are getting more expensive all the time. You could get her a gift certificate in a nice amount to her favorite/closest grocery store. She would not likely use it all at once, so it would be grocery money for a long time. If you wanted to expand on that, a promise to come with her once a month to use the...
Quote: Originally Posted by aishy my grandmother-in-law gave us one of these http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products...ItemId=12449d1 My husband (the carnivore of our household) would love that thing. I wonder if it works on veggie dogs too? Seriously, if I thought we could find the space to store it, it would be a pretty good investment. I'm tired of washing the pot he boils his daily dogs in.
If she has an iPod, how about an iTunes gift certificate? I'm not sure if you can buy people specific songs, but if you can, include a few songs that make you think of her/her of you. That way, when she is traveling, she will think of you whenever she hears the songs you sent/she picked out.
I am so sorry that you're hurting. I'll light a candle today for your daughter.
Quote: Originally Posted by andrea I think the whole difference of opinion here is how you are choosing to look at the world and how I am choosing to look at the world. Perhaps you see the world as full of danger, lies and hurt. That is why you look at this and see death, cancer, pollution, danger, toxicity. I look at it and see a fun toy. So does the innocence of a child. You have NO RIGHT to take that from them. Truth is a tricky voyage. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs Well, I really think the MIC rule is completely uninforceable. I know enough about how manufacturing/assembly work to know that avoiding MIC is virtually impossible. Even "Made in the USA" items often have substantial portions of MIC items--including wooden toys (where do you think the cording that holds the beads comes from?) and clothes (buttons, zippers, snaps). A heck of a lot of your food comes from China too....
Quote: Originally Posted by andrea So you are returning your kids xmas present plastic battery toys for similar wooden battery toys? Are you planning on doing that her whole life? What if, when shes 10, she decides shes KEEPING it? Are you going to fight her nail and teeth, or is she going to sneak it behind you back? Or are you hoping to have whipped her into an obedient little soldier for your ethic system by then? I wasn't aware that they made wooden...
Quote: Originally Posted by wonderwahine well damn, i must be going to hell. I eat off plastic cutlery, have a mug with a plastic lid that i drink out of over 4 times a day, and I am currently encouraging my ds to mouth and chew on plastics as part of his oral therapy. Why on earth would that send you to hell or anything similar? I am not demonizing anyone for making their own choices. I am just presenting facts. Plastic is harmful. It harms...
Quote: Originally Posted by andrea I don't believe that children are stupid, naive, mindless, unthinking little beings just waiting for some evil power-monger to swoop in, brainwash and mold their pretty little minds. ALL PEOPLE form their opinions based on THEIR OWN life experience. Not on what others tell them to believe. Because if that was the case, wouldn't we all have ended up just like our parents? I hope that my kids ALWAYS question EVERYTHING...
Quote: Originally Posted by andrea Well. Darn. You'd better return the plastic keyboard and the plastic mouse attached to the plastic computer you are using RIGHT NOW. Its dangerous. And it contributes to waste, especially since computers become outdated and useless so very quickly in this day and age. Did you know they use LEAD, one of the most toxic elements in the world to fuse the wiring together? 'Cause you should be holding yourself to the same...