or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

I am happy to see that the ban is considered unconstitutional but perhaps you lawyers can explaint to me what exactly what a federal law on the defination of marriage will do? Don't states have a right not to enforce or overrule laws part. regarding civil rights? How would a federal law work on the civil unions of VT for instance? In the event that federal law is passed couldn't some couples use for the same reason they sued in MA? Isn't Mr. Romney mormon? He...
Quote: Abortion seems to be mostly killing for convience. Convience because you do not want a baby, or because you do not think you want a special needs baby. So why did you start the thread? You asked for reasons as to why a late term abortion might be needed and then go on to state that it doesn't really matter - so what was the reasoning here? We have fought over this issue many times. If you have a formed opinion already - state it and move...
I have received this and sent back a reply that pointed out that I could be muslim or any person on the list could be related to an Islamic person. That it was insulting esp. since. many Americans are not of the Christian right wing - our own Taliban.
Quote: B-freakin'-S. Don't even get me started on the "desires" that Clinton understands. The procedure IS inhumane, and grossly so. Then don't have one. YOU aren't being forced to undergo this procedure - you are supposed to be given a choice - ergo - you would choose not to. I cannot understand how so many AP women could judge other women so quickly without compassion. This is form Planned Parenthood: Quote: Medical...
I have always tried to avoid chemicals and such around our house but we have a problem. I am pretty sure we have a wasps nest either in the roof or attic or somewhere in our walls. We have a few wasps everyday for the past couple of months but today I looked up at the skylight and I have a about 6 very active wasps up there right now. I am allergic to them (although not deathly allergic). We had to have a guy come this summer and spray for capenter ants - but only...
I have 6 pairs of sandals and one pair of clogs. There is a Birk outlet near me. I started wearing them after breaking my foot after ds#3 and was actually recommended them by my dr. Love them. I can hardly wear anything with a heel without killing myself. I am the only Birk wearing mom I know although I see lots of people with them at my UU church. Quote: I have only every heard *horrible* things about Birkenstock (supports of fascism, racism,...
Is he on Rimadyl? What about anti-inflamatory meds? We had a dog that died at home and it was awful. But we also had a dog that we had to put down and it was awful. I guess it comes down to his quality of life - is he still happy to see you or has he lost that? IMO it sounds like he may be ready to go but just from what you posted. It sucks when your pet is so ill.
Quote: We right to lifers get chastised for having righteous indignation... well I find that pro-choice people - with this "breeding stock" and women's rights first and always" shpiel are no less guilty of self-righteousness... it's just another side of the coin. I wouldn't call it "righteous". In fact no one that I could see said anything about women's rights - (I am not sure why you brought it up). We did talk about a person's right to oversee their...
Do what your heart wants - be a midwife. You seem to want the challege and already understand so much about the body. You could leave the patriarchial world of biotech. But you couldtake the knowledge you have and hopefully apply it to midwifery (esp. in helping mothers and others understand the medical world). Forget about the money (educational $ are rarely wasted).
I am happy to hear that it is benign - rest well and long