or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

Quote: I guess with this attitued you would have to say that it was fine for a mother and doctor to stab a 6 month old baby in the back of the head because she has cancer (or other fatal disease) and won't live long anyway. It would be a hardship on the parents to have to endure the mental anguish, physical endurance and financial responsibility required to care for her in the next few months before she dies anyway. I guess we should not have laws prohibiting...
Delilah - IMO when you give the govt. the right to make decisions for you and yours, you give away rights - period. What worries me is the sanctamonious, condescending, tone that many of the posters take in regards to abortion - if you don't like D&X then don't have one - it is a choice that hopefully two persons will make together without the interference of others. It is someone else's decision - not yours.
Needless to say that I could not read this whole thread - but being very pro-choice I am thoroughly disgusted with the PBA ban. We have a family member who went through it - not because the fetus was a "luxury item" but because the fetus was suffering such deformaties it probably would not have lived anyway, it was a huge emotional/financial drain on the couple plus they had two other children to take care of. This is not a walk in procedure. This is a rarely performed...
I have mixed emotions on this one - I do think Ms. Scruggs did not have a chance to get her side of the story out. But there was an article here in RI with her 3 older children who she left with her parents when they were young. Her older children were quite bitter about her. IMO the whole family could have (and probably could still) use some counseling. Certainly the state of CT was asked on several occasions to look out for this kid and nothing happened. Are the...
Did anyone watch? It was pretty interesting. It seems that although the FBI watched these guys for while and knew that they had lied about being at OBL camp in Afghanistan - there is very little/no evidence that they actually were a terrorist cell. That once the White House was notified about the large Arab populkation in Lackawanna, the Pres. and co. took a personal interest to arrest someone. That the ringleader (who was not arrested) was killed by the US in that car...
On Frontline tonight will be story about the Lackawanna Six (remember them) - the 6 Arab Americans who were accused of being a sleeper cell in the US. While they are guilty of lying to the FBI about being at OBL's camp - apparently they thought they were were on a religious trip - it turns out the US may have made a mistake about their guilt and the possiblity of them being a sleeper cell. We discussed this at the time of their arrest. I'll try to find the thread.
PM - I hope this turns out to be a misdiagnosis - I wish you all the best.
And here I was already to make fun of you for your bugphobia (I have lots of good bug stories) and now you're knocked up - Congratulations on your 4th little upcoming bundle.
Quote: But even the thought of it is causing a real need to barf ... and being in a first trimester isn't helpful ... Sorry did I miss something? - R U PG?
Quote: I disagree with the idea that some people aren't worth studying. Columbus, and other more or less horrible figures in history, are integral to where our world is today. Just because we don't like some of the things they did, it doesn't mean that we get to pick and choose what's important to learn. That's revisionist. But why choose Columbus to honor with a holiday? After all others had been to the Americas prior. And why not have celebrate a...