or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

Quote: but do we force abortion on people because we don't think they should have their babies Oviosly this is the crux of the matter - people have a choice - this cat (and her pregnancy) is dependent on the people around her. The thousands of other cats who will be put down today are also dependent. But I am worried about the use of "abortion" as the issue here. Please spend some time in shelter - remember only 36% of all animals there will...
Thanks for the tips - he does participate in soccer but hates it. He's not aggressive enough for the game. This winter we're going to try basketball. I think he'd be good at those gaming groups they used to have - like Dungeons and Drgaons but I have no idea where to look for one. The mini-golf idea was great - he loves golf.
I have a problem with ds#1 (9 1/2 y) and ds#2 (7 y)- ds#2 is very popular. He gets invited to all sorts of parties and visits to other kids homes. He's very outgoing and and nice. Ds#1 is very sweet but extremely shy and quiet. He dislikes change and has hard time each year when his class changes. He has several good friends - they have remained constant over the last couple of years. He occasionally gets invited to their homes but when asked he would rather spend his...
They have found out who wrote these letters - it was the Cdr. of the battalion and his staff: Quote: She was right. Her son didn't write the letter. In an e-mail to ABCNEWS today, the commander of the battalion, Lt. Col. Dominic Caraccilo, said the "letter-writing initiative" was all his idea. Caraccilo said he circulated the form letter to his soldiers to give them "an opportunity to let their respective hometowns know what they are accomplishing here...
Quote: Okay, I have to admit that I am highly disturbed by those of you who would choose to take another mammal's babies and kill them. Sorry but this is pretty ignorant - spend some time in a shelter and watch how MANY animals are put down every day. Or as another person put it on another thread - do you eat meat, drink milk, wear leather, go to the circus...?? We're all part of a cycle of animal cruelty. This cat is not knitting booties waiting...
Didn;t see this in the mainstream media: Quote: US soldiers driving bulldozers, with jazz blaring from loudspeakers, have uprooted ancient groves of date palms as well as orange and lemon trees in central Iraq as part of a new policy of collective punishment of farmers who do not give information about guerrillas attacking US troops. The stumps of palm trees, some 70 years old, protrude from the brown earth scoured by the bulldozers beside the road at...
Once in my lifetime is all that ask - just once - and they tied it up! I gave the Yankees Suck bumper stickers to family this year.
Quote: So, I will take what you said with a grain of salt because you don't know me, my family or our circumstances right now Sorry but I still think you should spay. I understand that you are a lover of animals and I understand that you were not the one who allowed her to become pregnant. However spaying is important. If you feel uncomfortable with the vet then call the humane society and ask for a low cost/no cost visit with their vet. Finally...
Sorry but I'll take an opposing view - I think you are attributing human feelings to a very young cat/older kitten. This IMO is inhumane to make her have the kittens when she is still an immature cat herself. Further, shelters are filled with cats - many of whom will not be adopted and put down. Vets spay pregnant animals every day in this country and for good reason - a careless human allowed them to become pregnant. Finally kittens aren't something to "give" away to...
Quote: Tell me this, if the dog has treatment on her that keeps the fleas off of her, yet the house takes a couple weeks to be free of them, will it be worse for ds? I doubt it - but I'd try to keep him away from where you think the fleas are concentrated - i.e: carpets. And above all VACUUM! We've dealt with this before and religious vacuuming can help keep you flea free. I'd also second bathing more frequently until you feel the fleas are gone...