or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

T I know I sound hopelessly ignorant but I actually have some Vicodin in our house. I got a prescription after having gum surgery - and you want to know the embarrassing part? I took one and passed out and never finished taking the rest even though I was supposed to take one every 6 hrs. or so. I have no tolerance (I fall asleep after a glass of wine). That said - my periodontist actually wanted to give a prescription for valium as well. These guys hand out...
jeca - write a letter to the store and complain - I have seen those stupid prizes and it amazes me that a grocery store would allow them. Let them know how you feel.
Marg did you see where the US soldiers were yelling at the Iraqis who stole some wood and then crushed their car. It turned out the car belonged to the taxi driver and it was his entire livlihood. Then there was the commotion as people were applying for jobs as police officers and the US soldiers were yelling at them to act "civilized" - meanwhile unemployment in Iraq is something like 50%. It was scary to see the shortcomings of US preparedness.
Here's another article: Quote: But now, most of the 400,000 Israeli settlers in the West Bank want to stay in the luxurious communities that hefty government subsidies have provided. Politically, it would now be almost impossible for any Israeli government to suggest that they move back to Israel - or to leave them where they are under a Palestinian ruler. But if they stay where they are, and under Israeli sovereignty, then the land left for the Palestinians...
Quote: But, I guess I know you better from our long history here aaawww - thanks Marg Quote: I think a better way to express it would be to call Palestinian deaths under-reported. Though to me, it seems easier, in the US press, to learn about the motivations of individual suicide bombers than about the daily lives of most Palestinians. (Or for that matter, what public opinion is in Israel.) So perhaps it is better to say that it is...
I saw Frontline last night - it was excellent! It pretty much showed the holes in the Iraq situation. The INC (Iraqui National Congress) and its key guys, Chalabi and Kitiwa, and some of players in the Bush admin. were on it. Interestingly enough Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, et al declined the invitation to appear. It showed that the State Dept. knew all along that Iraq was a sham and that political infighting pushed the war along.
Pretty stupid. I agree with mahkdoht - what f&#@#^ waste of my tax $.
Quote: I find the word "sensationalize" upsetting here because you make it sound like you are only horrified by the deaths on one side, which to me is one of the biggest problems with talking about the whole question. co- I don't agree - look at our corporate media - where are the Palestinian deaths? IMO the media plays the suicide bombings as if they came from nowhere - as if the bomber had no past except for his/her intent to kill Isrealis. That's...
The most important point here is that people are being killed everyday - not just when the corporate media sensationlizes the suicide bombings. Or to put for you mildly - a Palestinain is killed everyday (but perhaps they don't count to us Americans). Here is an excellent link about how much Israel costs the US: http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/usaid.html I have hard time with that but I assume that most conservatives feel it's okay to keep supporting what...
I don't have a problem with Pokeman cards or YuGiOh stuff. This are fantasy based games and my kids never had a problem with them. IMO most kids can tell tell the difference betweenfantasy animals and the real thing. They are expensive new but you can find them used pretty cheap used.