or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

From Haaretz: Quote: Labor legislator and former party leader Amram Mitzna, who as an IDF general openly broke with then-defense minister Sharon over the conduct of the Lebanon war in the early 1980s, on Tuesday picked up the theme of the Syria strike as diversion. "This government is simply irresponsible, endangering its own citizens with - there is no other way to describe this - adventures. What was the point of attacking Syria? Who can...
Quote: Isn't that exactly where they were in 1967? Isn't that exactly what precipitated the Six Day War? Why should they give back land if no one will make any promise of peace? I certainly wouldn't. "Let us move our borders closer to you, please. I think he was suggesting that Israel give up the settlements - after all according to the UN Israel is not allowed to build or settle that land. IMO it is the settlements that are at the heart of this...
Here's a good editorial: Quote: Israel must return to the so-called Green Line -- the border before the 1967 Six Day War. It must dismantle most of the settlements. It must do this because occupation is corrupting and, in the long run, impossible. The more Israel expands or retains settlements, the more it gets stuck in a quagmire where the enemy is everywhere. From September 2000 until recently, some 17,400 attacks were recorded in the territories -- and 40...
I had to comment on this - I saw this thread last night. I have the 3 books and I like them alot. I do agree with posters who have pointed out that some of this stuff is extreme but she does say that she enjoys it and not everything is for everybody. The most important things I got out these books were to get rid of the credit cards and not to be apologetic about your thriftiness. We bought a fixer-upper and cut each other's hair etc... but we don't grow our own food (I'm...
Quote: As for the Palestianians. They deserve a country too....there is plenty of Arab land and countries around. Why can't they be simulated into another Arab states? Why should they? Most of them have been in that area for generations - the correlation would be to say why don't white Americans go back to Europe - they could easily be absorbed and there is plenty of land to go around.
Quote: I don't think we are going to talk or charm the Islamists -- who by Daniel Pipes' estimate number around 150 million - 200 million -- into acting like humans, with a sense of quickly gathered morality and acceptance of Jews Can you elaborate? Are you talking about Muslims in general or right wing fundamentalists? It is an important point that Islam is poised to take over as the world's fastest growing religion (and already is in the US)....
Hey daylily: Thanks for starting this thread - I have noticed this. I weaned my youngest right before he turned 4 (in about May). I had plateaued in weight and even though I exercised and was pretty dectn about diet I never lost anything. Now after weaning, I have definately noticed a loss in (I don;t weigh myself) and looseness in the clothing department. I work our 3 - 4 x a week plus I coach but I would do this anyway whether or not he was nursing. I had always...
Quote: It would be nice NOT to have to fight things out this way. But look at what Israel is dealing with. Men and women willing to kill themselves for the blood of civilians. This most recent suicide bomber said it was over revenge for her brother who was killed by the IDF. Well the article I read failed to say he was a member of Islamic-Jihad, a well known terrorist group. I see that Israel has no other choice. Diplomatic attempts have not worked. Arafat...
Actually the UN did condemn the suicide attack. And it condemned the Israeli strike. The problem here is that Israel has the blessing of the US (who has not condemned the attack) - now how will that play in the Arab world? Finally what about soveriegnity of nations and this strike? It apparently means nothing to Israel and the US - IMO you reap what you sow - if the US can't and won't control Israel - how it plays in the Arab world (and more importantly in the...
I don;t know if anyone here reads Adbusters mag. but they had a good article in their last mag: Quote: If we look at historian Stanley Payne’s classical general theory of fascism, we are struck by the increasing similarities with the American model: A. The Fascist Negations Anti-liberalism. Anti-communism. Anti-conservatism. B. Ideology and Goals Creation of a new nationalist authoritarian state. Organization of a new kind of regulated,...