or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

Here's an interesting tidbit from the NYTimes about how close Mr. Ascroft and Karl Rove are/were. Can Mr. Ashcroft be fair when investigating the Karl Rove/CIA exposure? Quote: Deep political ties between top White House aides and Attorney General John Ashcroft have put him into a delicate position as the Justice Department begins a full investigation into whether administration officials illegally disclosed the name of an undercover C.I.A. officer. Karl...
This is a pretty decent report by Newsweek: Quote: The Unbuilding of Iraq PERFECT STORM: Wrongheaded assumptions. Ideological blinders. Weak intelligence, missteps, poor coordination and bad luck. How Team Bush’s reconstruction efforts went off the rails from day one It starts great: Quote: LAST FEBRUARY, retired Lt. Gen. Jay Garner was trying to put together a team of experts to rebuild Iraq after the war was over, and his...
Here is great article about the estimated costs of the settlements to Israel - remember the govt. doesn;t release the actual costs: Quote: The extra civilian price tag: at least NIS 2.5 billion a year By Moti Bassok and Haaretz Staff One of the most closely guarded secrets in Israel is the amount of funding that is channeled to the settlements. Budget items were built to conceal this information and no government report has ever been published on...
1. I've noticed that when the "advice" is taken with a grain of salt, it doesn;t really bother me as much. 2. Now that my kids are older (i.e.: no babies, no diapers, etc..) I tend to underreact with toddlers and babies. Personally I find this kind of "advice" condescending, as if I couldn't get it together. It's one thing if a toddler is running toward the street but it's another I'm standing there and ds is hanging off the handrail or whatever. IMO they learn...
The last article that RD posted is esp. good. It gives the whole history to leaking and how the White House condones (or refutes) them. But I esp. liked this: Quote: While this case is a travesty, it won't be the first one that this administration has managed to get away with. Given the new the nadir of investigative journalism, this administration has been emboldened. And why not? Lately, the mainstream media has seemed more interested in stockholders than...
catlvr - great first Activism post - as family that pays over $400/month for managed health care, I heartily agree. We do not get to choose our drs. or even the hosp. that will service us - and god forbid that we get sick in another state (which would include MA and CT - practically impossible when you consider how small RI is). As far as socialized meds. go , I can't really say which is worse. I have lived under socialized meds. and yeah there is a wait for basic...
Ooohh Are you equating the Israelis with the Nazis NM?
Thanks for the ideas - I have been using that peroxide recipe for the last 2 days and washing him. I only washed him once today (he's beginning to shake when he sees the hose). I was afraid to try the tomato juice because he's a very pale yellow and the peroxide actually lightened up his fur some. I'm afraid he'll turn pink or something awful (I know - completely my neurosis). He actually smells a little better. You only notice something's up if he stands next to you....
Gossamer - thank you for sharing your story and the pictures. I esp. liked the one of the 2 of you together. I am truly sorry for your loss.
Help Our dog got skunked last night and we've bathed him at least 12 times so far. I also tried the hydrogen peroxide formula from the Prevention books and so far he still stinks (but not as much). How long does this take? He smells like a combination now of skunk and perfume (not exactly attractive) and the kids run from him. I hate to give more baths (but I did allow him back in the house) - yet he smells...... and what about his bed and my rugs? Aaaahhh!!!