or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

Quote: Like most bar snacks, cheeseburger fries pack quite a dietary wallop. Each individual fry has about 75 calories and four grams of fat. The fries for schools have less beef per serving but still have about 60 calories and, in fact, more fat — a total of 6 grams — in each fry. And nobody eats just one. Well explain to me how this is supposed to help our expanding waistlines and our kids?
Quite frankly I thoroughly disgussted by the admin. They couldn't have had a comprehansive plan for this whole mess without predicting the costs (unless they are really are idiots). And what about Afghanistan? Remember this is the admin that forgot to put aid to Afghanistan in its budget this year and had to cover it (by putting in quick $300 mill). Afghanistan has already cost about $800 mill. And yet my property taxes went up, my fire tax went up, my sales tax is...
Quote: What kind of incense? Sticks? Cones? Loose? I prefer sticks. I like the cones but they seem at times a little bit stronger. I have a couple of little holders (which I then place on the plate) but I was looking for some of the nice brass ones I know I saw somewhere. You know very ornate with kind of a plate already to catch ashes. You can place several sticks in it if you want. Maybe I dreamt this. Anyway I usually just buy it at the...
Are there any incense users out there? I use a lot of incense (mostly sandlewood) and am looking for a better incense holder then the old plate I am currently using. Any ideas or cheap buys? Plus I am the only person (outside my dad) who burns incense - we don't know any other families who do. I love the stuff and love the smell. Am I alone here?
Does anyone make thier own earrings? I like danglely bead type earrings but haven;t reallyfound what I liked. It doesn;t look hard to make - is it as easy as I think?
I cut my own kids hair. I always ask to see if there are any preferences before I do. (And no I'm not a hairdresser). By cutting their hair - I cut down on a lot of the expenses of going to the hair place. I hate to say it but it's probably a phase. Let him experiment. Maybe long hair is for him. I'd let him know that it's okay to be different it that's what he wants. I guess you will have to wait it out.
Sorry but where are the POC in this thread? Where are the MOC's who frequent Mothering? Quote: I am assuming a feeling of personal power that comes with fitting in? It doesn't change that a white person in the US has an easier time than a darker person, & that in fact, in general, the darker you get, the harder it is! Actually there are lots of times when I don't "fit" in. I'm darker then most AA's but I'm s. Indian. I can give you a list of times...
Quote: the power that makes the world keep on trading and so on is held by the "first world" countries. so obviously it is critical to discuss it. the strides being made in less wealthy countries by womyn/woc are very heartening and insipiring. but racial inequity, in favor of white people, is all over the world It's true that power is in the "first world" - but that doesn't mean automactically I haven't (as a POC) benefited from it. It doesn't mean...
littlemama23 - are you discussing the US or the world in general with this topic? IMO what applies to the US and perhaps in Europe as well does not necessarily apply to other nations. It is in the colored third world where you see women in power (esp. polictically) - even Islamic (but not Shari'a ones) nations have had more women as heads of states then the US. There is difference between being victimized and being the victim. POC may have just had real power...
I not so sure about this - I think it is attempt to replace the problems of globalism and the first world benefiting from the problems in the third with race. The other points - about the IRS auditing a white person or pulling them over etc... Or the privilege of being a white male etc.. seem to be pretty generic. I am a POC and obviously a woman but this essay offends me more then it defines me. What about working your way past these things? What I see from this is...