or Connect

Posts by 3boys4us

Quote: Sooooooo, is Frontline and the CSMonitor pro-Israel too? That may come as a surprise to the folks at Camera: You know that they are considered pro-Israel and that several mainstream news orgs have stopped using Camera and that Camera is listed on several pro-Israel lobbies: The America's Pro-Israel Lobbyand Kahane.org (a website devoted to the late Rabbi Kahane). Stanford and FAIR.org both have Camera listed as a pro-Israel new media group ....
Sorry Rd I don;t agree with your links - MidEastWeb.org and Camera.org are both pro-israeli. Try Tikkun (which Deirdre has always pushed) on The Wall must Fall or try using the The Independent (UK) for a different viewhttp://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/
It happens because we as a group (and a society) allow it to. We think nothing of the millions of healthy animals that are put to sleep each year. When we lived in Vegas - I went to the shelter to adopt a dog after out dog died of cancer. I could not (and still can't) beleive the amount purebred animals that were there - from teh most basic lab to some really expensive dogs. Why - because people just don't freaking think. They love the puppy and then stick it the...
There are lots of good points here - I never considered for instance the US as successfully occupied nation by Europeans but I guess it could be so. Nor did I think of ancient Rome's long occupation of just about every European crevice. I guess then I wonder when does occupation become acceptable? For instance when do we consider the US to be properly "settled" by the Europeans? Or when should we consider Germany (post WWII) to be a success? I mean after all now Germany...
Sorry I disappeared - 9 in-laws and 6 soccer games this weekend followed by a deadline I have to meet for tomorrow morning with a bunch of disorganized writers - uugghhh. I guess I missed a good 2 pages of this discussion but : It was nice to see NM acknowledge that Thao's POV had relevence. dh2carmen - yeah we have some bitter fights over this issue but it's probably in our best interest to keep them pretty civil. And Amy - I disagree (entirely, with...
It occurs to me - has Bush ever run a successful enterprise?
Wow El I can't believe that Ross was right ( he kind of annoyed me). But now I've read somewhere that many of the original jobs sucked down to Mexico and other central and South American nations are moving overseas to Asia where its even cheaper - leaving behind even poorer nations. Bless the Corporate America
The other thread made me think about occupation and how it works - or does it? I have been racking my brain for successfully occupied nations (I guess besides Japan - although I'm not sure how that worked out). Let's not talk about Israel and the Palestinians but I would be interested in Northern Ireland and GB and others. Does occupation work or does it create a more fervent type of nationalism?
Quote: The UN resolutions that call for Israel to "return" land also call for the Arabs to stop the belligerence. That has never ever happened in the case of the Palestinians. And that was the basis of Oslo, and all the agreements after But where has Israel ever offered to return ALL the land? This is about the settlements - so where has Israel offered to remove the settlements? They have certainly made token gestures - removing tiny settlements...
Well let's talk settlements - The population of the Israeli settlements are probably around 400,000 plus. The biggest reason to move to a settlement is probably the economic factor, the huge subsidies that Israel gives to those person who live there. Sharon has repeatedly refused to freeze of the settlements instead offering a lame attempt at restricting "expansion" of some. The Sharon govt. uses settlements as an expression of their power over the area. And it...