or Connect

Posts by Subhuti

This is all really excellent advice, thank you. I plan on printing out the thread before our meeting and highlighting some what you all said so I am prepared linguistically and approach - wise.  I can't thank you enough, really -- Geofizz, what's next, lucky mom, one girl, lynn ... thank you.   Lynn, the class is out of control.  The teacher is veteran (her last year) and she always has a second teacher in the room, with a total of 15 kids.  It is certainly more than...
Forgot to say, you know you have gotten the mcv when you pull out the little white core. Always do it after bathing ... Skin is clean and the cores that are ready to be pulled will be most obvious. Start with the biggest ones as they are the easiest, and closest to busting on their own ... Which I think causes the spreading.
Read the thread, see what worked for other folks. We tried ACV, but that just burned her skin. We ended up using zyderma ... To prevent the spread and using flat tweezers to pull each and every one over time. Just start at the face and work through it slowly. It won't scar this way, and no chemical burns. I used lidocaine spray to numb the are then pulled the big ones that i could easily grip. Work like. A harm. Before and between pulls I dip the tweezers in...
How would I make sure it's being documented?   Simply ask the principal, "Is this being documented?"    
Thank you for that.   I actually wouldn't consider speaking to another parent about this unless they brought it up.  I do feel compassion towards the boy -- he lives a few blocks from us and I know something is wrong.  I would never start a petition or something.   I am not at all at the point where I want him removed from the class.  I think I am at the point where I want to know what are the expectations for behavior, is this being addressed by the school ~ and...
Oh, Ok, awesome - I have a neighbor across the street who is one -- !  I get it ... speech "language" pathologist.
My seven year old and five year old dds have sleep overs with a seven year old boy.  I think the kids will indicate when or if there relationship changes.  You do not have to do anything proactive.  We do see some horseplay around kissing and hugging at times, but it is not related to sleepovers -- more during the day.  It's honestly not a big feature of their relationships.  And I'm really involved at bedtime until all the kids are well on the way to sleep, so I can't...
One of my close friends in the pres of the board for the district.  She works 40 hrs unpaid a week to do this.  I think it is a wonderful contribution to the community but certainly is costing her in terms of stress.  There was recently a very controversal decision that had to be made by the board, and the amount of flack, disrespect and personal attacks they got was very wearing.     But someone has to do it .... and you can do it for three years and let someone...
Hi All   My 7 year old is in a class at public school with a new boy who has always been physically aggressive.  In the fall, he was tripping my daughter, pulling off her shoes, throwing pencils.  My dd is a focused, sensitive child and didn't say anything to anyone, but when she told us, she was very upset.  We spoke to the teacher, who was unaware that she specifically was having issues with him, and moved them apart in seating.  As far as I know, she is not being...
Just throwing this out there -- have you considered supportive psychotherapy?  When my dd was having meltdowns and fighting a lot (at home, not at school), since it is covered under insurance, I brought her in for a couple of sessions where she could talk about what was bothering her. We found a child psychologist that was able to help her express her frustrations w/her little sister and at school.  The effect, even of just a couple of sessions, was immense.  And my...