or Connect

Posts by Subhuti

Delta had problems within the last several years with one momma nursing.  Hopefully that is well in the past.  I think the planes are not governed by state laws and have wide latitude about in-flight rules.   Veg Momma but I think you're reading too much into my post.  I think you need to take a chill.  I never suggested the OP was an  "idiot."     Personally, I have taken stands in public spaces, which are governed by state law, but I wouldn't do that on an...
Thanks Jen ~ I hear you about the school not saying anything -- our school has 40 percent IEPs because of our population (poor w/in the county -- I am guessing) ... so my daughter seems fine relative to that.     I've got the ball rolling in terms of talking to the school reading teacher (who just does evals and pulls kids out who need help), and calling my psych friend.  We'll see what happens. I don't quite see why a speech path would apply here?  Tell me more...
I just realized that the gold coins will be diverted on St. Patrick's day ... the girls had an Irish American preschool teacher who taught them about elves and gold coins coming on the day .... it'll be a thrill for them to find them and see the funny mischief by the elves (chairs on tables, clothing out of the drawer, etc.)
Hi Jen   Thank you so much for this. This has really prompted me to move on this issue with my daughter.  We are not in the position you were with your daughter -- the school has nothing negative to say about my daughter and she is reading on grade level.  But what I do see is that she excels (beyond grade level) in content and in math -- she struggles in reading.  And I do see stuff that says "dyslexia" to me -- word reversals, random guesses on words when reading, not...
Oh, I forgot ... The bank teller gave me some gold one dollar coins .... I'll out those in too, I think I have five for each. That's enough .... I won't add anything else.
I got, free with coupons, mini ll bean boat bags with their nicknames monogrammed in script ... Those are the baskets. Then I got two ravensburger board games ... Laberynth for my seven year old and Enchanted Forest for my five year old. I will put in a bunch of chocolates, too. I may add something they need ... Maybe sun hats?? Socks??
Jen Muise   I am curious how you were able to get psych-ed testing done.   My 2nd grader sounds very much like your daughter -- great comprehension but poor reading fluency -- and advanced in terms of subject matter (absorbing content via audio books that are probably a 4th - 8th grade level).   But I keep wondering if she has dyslexia because of her hesitancy to read, her poor spelling, her tripping up with the most basic words.   Is the testing...
I think 10 miles is not too far away and I think it might be good for you to have some distance from the X, right?  They will have easy access to all their old pals.   As for bedroom setup -- I think it would be good to have at least 4 bedrooms if you are planning on having more kids.  You have one for you and your partner.  One for the baby.  One for the big boys.  And a guest room that can be another room for one of the big boys if necessary.   That said ......
I voted yes, with the above proviso.  My dd who is seven complains that she doesn't have "blonde hair" ... instead she has a chocolate brown.  If she was into a colorful, expressive streak, I'd say yes.  If she wanted to try to conform to an adult ideal  (Blonde) ... I'd say no .. you wait until you are 13/14 ... and you have to pay for it yourself.   But, I agree, if you feel funny, don't do it.  Wait a few years and revisit.  You don't have to give into whims of a four...
I think they last a long time if wrapped and put in the fridge.  I like them more as condiments rather than a feature ....so I would just use them bit by bit and savor them over a few weeks!