or Connect

Posts by Subhuti

SOUNDhunter- Yes, please post your experience, it's really, really helpful!!!!!! I'm taking notes for the next few weeks as we cut down gradually. (we are weaning because of pregnancy issue -- preterm labor). I'm glad it's going so well! Liz
Thank you Amanda! You and your children are very lucky you've gotten so far in nursing!! Every nurse now is so nostalgic for me. I know Lulu doesn't know that this is her last season of nursing. My dh keeps telling me to concentrate on what we have been able to have (15 months of nursing) and do continue to have ( a wonderful close attached relationship ). Liz
Kaolamom- I hear you on the water and food quality. That scares me, too. Yes, I agree, MDC is a harbor for CLW in a culture that is very unfriendly to nursing families. I think what I meant is, as someone said in a recent post, a tribe for people who want or have to do "gentle early weaning" would be helpful. But I've been gleaning on various threads how other people have weaned, and its helpful for me. BTW, one (somewhat chilling) thing I read in a book...
Hi All- as to your question Yes, I am pregnant, and I have a history of prelabor contractions starting in the 20th week. I would have definately breastfed through pregnancy, but it is too risky. As it was, I had to spend nearly 3 months in bed because of cervical issues. So, it's Mama-led weaning for us. Boo-hoo. But we're doing it gradually and with the help of my DH. Liz
Just a reflection on what some have said from a newbie to the breastfeeding forum. I understand CLW'ers wanting to keep out people who cannot / choose not to CLW. But it is confusing for those that need to get support for "Gentle Early Weaning." It is not clear where we can post if we don't know the culture of the boards. Many of us are indeed proponents of CLW and would assume it is OK to post here when we are forced/chose to wean early. I have to wean,...
Terrible!!!!! I had something not as bad from a couple of teenage boys at a super market. Painful. This sounds much worse. Its sad they'd feel that way, but they must be very unhappy, aggressive people if they then tried to make a spectacle out of you. You are awesome for nursing your 24 month old!! There's an old zen saying about being on the spiritual path -- you know you are on it precisely *because* people laugh at you. The ignorant will always be...
I am so glad to have found this thoughtful thread!! I've begun (reluctantly and not a little sadly) to investigate weaning Lulu. She's 15 months, I'm about a month pregnant and I have a sensitive cervix that went into prelabor at 20 weeks last pregnancy. I was able to hold onto Lulu in utero only by going on strict bedrest for nearly three months. So i know that I will have to wean by 20 weeks of my pregnancy. When I began nursing Lulu, as a new mom, everything...
A- Good luck. I am interested to hear how it goes. I am beginning to face what is terrible reality for me -- I'm going to have to wean my 15 mo. old Lulu in the next few months. I really am afraid it will be hard on her and I. I am pregnant again and with my first pregnancy I had prelabor signs (contractions/opening of the cervix) starting around week 20. I had to stay in bed for close to three months. So I know I will need to stop nursing in the next couple...
Thank you al for the warm congrats on baby #2!! Stacy L -- how wonderful! It must have felt so wonderful to feel your babe. Are you going to find out if its a boy or girl? I've got no pregnancy signs to speak of, except for a desire to hiberbate and read novels!! Lulu's final,..,.,,ll lbg 'm <---- sorry that, was HERSELF! She's finally gained a little weight. She's at the third percentile, but the dr. says its genetic and purportional. ...
No, I haven't really had much nausea. But I didn't have that much last time, just ravenous, low blood sugar feeling. It's still early , tho, don't worry!