or Connect

Posts by johub

I have bins for everything and one bin just for those miscellaneous toys that dont fit. And bigger toys go on shelves. Near the area of the floor with the little people toys there is a low shelf with three canvas drawars (from Target) that has the little people accessories (that never get used, like fences) in one drawer, the people in another drawer and all of the play animals (little people and others) in another drawer. On top of this shelf is a bucket of dinosaurs. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by sessy Hope you had a good laugh before a good sleep! Oh I did. I went to bed and watched 4 episodes straight! I guess I will have to ration them from now on.
Quote: Originally Posted by Schrody It's my favorite show! Joline, I think you're too late to start watching it. It's most likely going to be cancelled although the final decision hasn't come down yet. There's some hope that Showtime will pick the show up if Fox cans it. But this season was cut short and the final four episodes aired recently, all at once, up against the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Fox really doesn't seem to have any interest...
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseMomme Oh, I love Mulan though, can someone tell me why THAT one is racist? (thinking) Is it the "large brute, dark, evil eyed" bad guys? Yeah I dont see any racism in Mulan either. And while I saw racism in Pocahontas I really thought it was because the message was supposed to be against racism (so there had to be racists in the story to be made to look wrong and uninformed) My husband calls me "Oblivoline"...
Siblings WILL share germs. Period. There is no getting around it. No stopping it. Not nursing your 2 year old will not protect your newborn from his germs in any way. If the babe doesnt get germs off of your nipple your 2 year old will be sticking his fingers in her mouth. Or they will hold hands and baby will put her fist in her mouth. They will play with the same toys. All it will do is rob him of the benefits of nursing.
I keep seeign "borax" listed as an ingredient. What is in it? I had no idea it was a natural product. I have bought it, but I had no idea it was any more natural than Tide for instance.
Oh my gosh me too! Plus I just HATE lowest common denomonator Television (reality tv) and most things on nowadays. I like characters that are GOOD. I like to root for the good guy and see people unafraid to do the right thing (even if he is the only one in his whole family) I am excited to hear the 2nd season is out on video. That gives me hope that I will be able to keep watching when I am done with this season. Maybe I will go watch one now. I had better start...
This is what I do. I use store bought laundry detergent, the super cheap stuff from Costco, but I make sure it is bio-degradable and phosphate free. Then I use less than 1/4 the recommended amount. My clothes come out really clean. I use so little detergent that I feel confident there is no detergent residue on my clothing. And I feel that my choice is still an environmentally conscious improvement (if not perfect) because I am reducing the amount I use by a great...
No dilution for disinfection. Just one then the other, full strength. GOsh I LOVE this method!!! I can be a germophobe and say goodbye to bleach forever.
The curve is different with breastfed babies. The normal healthy breastfed baby is chunkiest at about 6 months, and then tapers off on weight gain. THey gain lots of weight really quickly (which is protective to a little baby's health and prepares for rapid growth later) and then slow down to a crawl between 6 and 12 months. A 6 month old chubby breastfed baby is NOT overweight. This same baby will likely think out a great deal in the next 6 months.