or Connect

Posts by johub

I think I wouldnt really worry until 12 months. And then I might just put a little more thought/energy into it but still not freak out about it.
Does anybody watch this show? I saw a couple of episodes when it first came out, but I really dont watch enough TV to remember when something I like is on. So this Christmas I bought the whole first season and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! Did I mention that I LOVE it! Is it still on (did they make it to a second Season?) When? I would really like to catch up and start watching it.
I think it comes down to two choices, either committing yourself to getting her used to your absences, OR committing yourself to getting her used to being confined in a backpack when you are out of the house. Put her in a backpack and wear her in it in places where it doesnt matter if she throws a fit. And dont let her down until you have reached an appropriate place (the car, a play area etc. . .) A child's temperament can make it a challenge to go out in public in the...
If that was true everybody I know would be too young for solids. As she learns to chew these pieces will get smaller.And as she eats a variety of solids they will become unrecognizable.
Quote: Originally Posted by Parker'smommy I voted three years and this is mostly because I feel very strongly that my nurslings get at LEAST two years of breastfeeding. Yes, some babes will still nurse through a pregnancy and then you can tandem. But those aren't "for sures" so I wouldn't risk getting pregnant before my oldest was at least 20 months old because you usually lose your milk at around 4 months ( I did with my pregnancy with dd). I would...
When a child runs and an adult chases the chasing initiates the game. The only way to stop the game is to not initiate chase. I would have calmly followed the direction my child went (but trying to avoid making eye contact, which also is interpreted as the cue to run) and perhaps picked up the phone first. At the school, the teacher could have avoided this also by putting herself between your dd and the door and just waited calmly until your dd got close enough or gave...
ACOG is a professional organization. It exists for the sole purpose of protecting and unifying its members. They will never recognize Lay Midwives because they cannot be controlled by them. They are a competetor. This is not a statment of the hazards of lay midwifery or even that they provide substandard care. It is a statement that basically "we only respect your right to choose care from the type of care we provide and have direct control over"
Quote: Originally Posted by oceanbaby I can't thank you all enough for your replies. It is really what I needed to hear today. I've got some serious thinking to do, and dh and I need to talk about things. I know for sure we will be taking a break from the tv. I have been noticing a direct correlation between watching tv and acting badly. So for those of you who don't put up with the rude backtalk - what exactly do you do? I say to ds the...
Quote: Originally Posted by lisalou Dumbing down from the original story - I mean what they did to Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast (the Jean Cocteau version), Peter Pan, etc., etc. compared to their original text. That's my problem with Disney. I certainly agree that the attempt or concept of keeping people in easily definable groups is done by far more than Disney and thus is not actually a good reason for not watching Disney movies. I do think...
I was wondering this too, but all of that info is why to delay up to 6 months. And I have long been interested in the evidence to delay past 6 months. (which I have never found)