or Connect

Posts by johub

Quote: Originally Posted by alegna This method is not gentle or respectful to the child. It is deceptive and mean. Also WHO says that all children need to nurse until at LEAST 2 years old. -Angela But WHO says nothign about night weaning a child over the age of 1. And if the child is happy and not cryign who are you to decide this is not respectful for this child? I think this mom knows better what is and is not resepectful for her...
THere is nothing un-ap about weaning a toddler. Not everybody is willing and able to nurse until the child is ready to wean on their own. I respect that this woman has find a way to do it that is gentle for her daughter and less traumatic than traditional methods have been. Geez. Momamelia, I am glad you found something that works for you and is tear free for your dd. And GOOD FOR YOU for sticking with it this long. Most babies dont get mama milk for more than 6...
I couldnt vote because I LOVE my spacing of 16 months apart and if I was to do it all over again I would have the same spacing. (Even knowing the possibilitiy of having twins).
If his behavior is making you uncomfortable then it is a problem. YOu have every right to set limits to how much you are going to pay attention and to what you are going to give your attention to at any given moment. He controls him and you control you. Seriously, if I was having a conversation and my 2 year old interrupted me I would stop talking to my spouse, ask my child want he/she needed, respond to them and then insist on continuing with my converstation. I would...
Time outs can work for some children in some situations. That said they are pretty much marketed as the universal discipline solution for any misbehavior at any age and in this context they do not work. THey work for stopping behavior immediately and removing a child from a situation that is going from bad to worse. I dont think they work to teach good behavior. But they sometimes work for some children to remind them to use good behavior they have already learned. I...
We went through the hourly waking at 6 months, and babies who would not be put down, and who would wake each other up. After 2 weeks of absolutely no sleep for me I gave up on the cosleeping. I put them in another room and decided that getting up to nurse them back to sleep and then going back to bed was better than the all night baby shuffle. (I never mastered nursing both to sleep at the same time, while lying down) I even decided in desparation to CIO for one night...
Tristan was 7 months old when I conceived and 16 months old when my twins were born. We tandem nursed when he weaned at 2 1/2 (mom assisted) Joline
When my ds1 was an older infant he ate everything. When he was 2 he ate nothing. He avoided anythign green like the plague. I remember when I started feeding solids to his younger brother and sister and they consistently ate more than he did every single day. (at 6 months old) Now at 3 he is still pretty picky, but he does eat a handful of green vegetables, particularly he loves celery and cucumber. For a while he wanted nothing but starchy foods. I am not sure...
Quote: Originally Posted by nancymom My baby girl was 6 lbs 10 oz, 19 inches long and her brother was 8 lbs 4 oz, 20 inches long. Even their placentas were different sizes, his was much bigger. Both babies were extremely healthy, born at 40 weeks 1 day, and the placentas bothed looked good too. The weird thing is Noah had no vernix on him whatsoever but Jazmin had quite a bit. I am convinced if she was a singleton she would have gone to 41 or 42...
I wanted to add really quick that what type of soil you have is probably of utmost importance whether or not you decide to till. I live in the desert southwest and our soil is a clay called "caliche" which is basically natural concrete. but I suppose the no-tilling is for naturally healthy soil. But there are some soil types where this just does not seem possible. (I have also heard to avoid turning wet soil, but again, no shovel will dig in our dirt without lots of...