or Connect

Posts by johub

My kids were all ready for solids early. but it sounds like you have some really strong legit reasons to wait, that and the fact that your baby isnt that interested really is plenty.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsten Where is that raising hand smiley? Me, me! You can include me in the "we"! I was allowed to watch assorted kid tv/movies as a child; I even visited the "evil mouse" when I was an impressionable eight years old. If you think Disney is evil, racist, etc. then banning it from your house is your right. I don't see it the same way. I will have to do a search here on MDC on Mulan - I cannot imagine what anyone could...
You do not have to do anything!!! You do not have to submit to a vaginal check at 30 weeks. You do not have to agree to a cesarean. You might not find a doc willing to voluntarily attend you, but after a certain point in your pregnancy they cant refuse to treat you either. This is likely to be very uncomfortable because while you have the RIGHT to refuse or accept treatment, and his job is to present information and accept that, you are likely to get a fight. I had a...
I cant believe that your post has gone more than 24 hours without a response. I do not know the answer to your question because I am not a non-coercive mama and have found that explanations of non coercive parenting and consensual living to raise such questions for me as well. My closest answer is that we do not all have the same beliefs as to what our "job" as parents are.
Is Attachment Parenting a buzzword or a new fad? Is it becoming more popular? I had no idea that most people had even heard of AP.
Quote: Originally Posted by ambiguousinamber I have been reading these posts and have a question (not trying to take over the thread) Are there any moms of more than one who struggle because they have had to leave their baby to CIO a little while taking care of other children? (IE changing my 21 mo old....I've tried to wear dd while changing him and she has gotten kicked and is safer crying for a minute or two) I have not had to let the other 2 cry as...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2kyla That statement makes it a bit too close to CIO for my own comfort so I can see why algena posted what she did. Letting a baby cry because they will fall asleep sooner is CIO... i dont really know if it makes a difference if its 5 minutes or an hour. This is entirely different from CIO. If a baby is happier after letting off some steam, then how can this be bad? It sounds like the mom who knows baby will...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna IMO this is NOT okay. You are leaving your dd alone when she is unhappy. Leaving her at all is CIO. -Angela I so disagree with this. THis is not sleep training. THis is a mom stepping away for a breather. I wont leave my baby to cry to sleep no matter how long it takes, but I will put a baby down crying long enough to breathe and pee or brush my teeth. And if baby happens to fall asleep in 2 minutes,...
I did not start my own but I joined an API chapter that was started in my town by a friend. I found my local API chapter by searching for a local group on their website and then joining the Yahoo group and then I came to a playgroup and now I attend playgroups with these same families usually twice a week. Quote: Originally Posted by bellona 1. Did you get a decent turn out? (especially if you are in a town that isnt' very child centered) *our API...
I do both. I sympathize, but like your DH I believe it helps to teach appropriate ways of expression such as scripting. I also incorporate calming techniques like asking my child to take deep breaths and say what they want etc. . .