or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by johub

I took DS to the doctor for croup last week. The doc told me it was viral and to bundle him up and take him outside in the cold night air for 10 minutes and the spasm would pass. No antibiotics, no drugs. Pretty much a waste of the Doctors visit (and copay). On the other hand I had brought him into the ER that morning and left without being seen (he was breathign OK after we arrived) and thank goodness I didnt pay their dollar to get the same cheap advice. eta. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by nonconformnmom Sorry, off-topic; Johub wrote: I was confused by this at first, but then I realized that you must mean if your child wanted to go out to the garage and sleep in the (not moving) car instead of in her bed you would not let her do it. Just wanted to clarify, if your child were to fall asleep while in the car on a long outing, you would allow that, right? Yeah that is exactly waht I meant. I...
I first read about this in "Hold On to your Kids" and I wish I had heard this idea sooner! I used to always deal with such disappointments by trying to alleviate them or to see if I can help my child find a way around them or basically promising "next time" and anythign to help my child feel better about this, but she never really grasped the whole idea of futility, and now at 13 is still often "crying for the moon" Because even when something WAS futile, I presented...
Quote: Originally Posted by KaraBoo Respectfully, I ask this: Why is it non-negotiable for your child to sit at the dinner table and eat with the family and not get up? Is this because you feel its the only time the family is all together? What other reasons might a mom have for this? (Note: The first word I typed there reminded me of an old disco song and I started singing..."Respectfully, I say to thee..." LOL) edited: cuz I wrote "you" instead...
Quote: Originally Posted by graciesma Well I never once insinuated or blatantly said you would be kicking them out to fend for themselves My apologises for misunderstanding your statements. Quote: Originally Posted by graciesma Also its a little bit ignorant to think that there wont be a day when your child or anyone child wont bring up the subject of college. It will happen rest assured.! You completely...
I dont know how it is locally as all my mom-friends are in my API group and nobody I know is sending their kids to preschool. THat said, I think half of them will end up homeschooling anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by Persephone Wow, wannabe, that's totally fascinating stuff! Our dd is only three weeks old (today!) so, even by the earliest times, she shouldn't have a circadian rhythm yet. I feel like we're moving backwards, though. Last night she woke up at 10:30, and didn't go to sleep til 4:30. Then she slept really well, still sleeping. :P I have sleep problems, and I'm afraid that maybe she's getting messed up melatonin levels...
Quote: Originally Posted by graciesma I see a certain few people who dont think its their responsibility to help with college. I can respect that however I strongly disagree. To these parents I ask this: Are your beliefs stemming from whether or not your parents helped you? There seems to be an overall feel of, I didnt get none and mine wont either. What will happen on the fatefull day your child asks about college. If they are able to work at the time...
I think nature created some species to be herbivores, some to be carnivores and some to be opportunistic omnivores. And since this is true, it must also be true that it is right and good to eat whatever foods fall within that group. And that anything could very well be "meant" to be eaten. (even me, if I happen to be in a lions hunting territory, or a mosquito infested marsh) But your argument reminds me of the dinner scene in the movie "Notting Hill" where the girl...
I also pressure wash them with the hose in the backyard. One of my high chairs has a non-removable seat pad ("leather like" ICK) and so I made a really good seat cover out of an old towel and it keeps the seat pretty clean and I just throw it in the washer.
New Posts  All Forums: