or Connect

Posts by Monica

Thanks Ladies!! Exactly what I needed - now for the research - ha And Mallory you are so sneaky - sneaking in on my threads - I saw I missed a call from you today - will try and catch up with you tomorrow.
I need curriculum recommendations - we are considering homeschooling next year (1st grade) Really I need to convince dh. I am pretty close to getting him to give me one year to try it. What I need, what will help me, is purchasing a complete 1st grade curriculum (I might have to purchase 2nd grade as well since my son is currently in a Montessori program and is working about a grade level ahead in math) I want text books, work books, science ideas, supplies, the whole...
Well I just can't resist this thread LOL - Apparently I am pooper when I push and while I was actually giving birth I never noticed it but in my black and white waterbirth birth photo's, there in the background of almost all of them are terds. In hindsight my midwifes weren't scooping fast enough :LOL
What is the best way to go about this. DS will be 6 and DD 3.5 at the time of the birth - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to find a gentle birth video that shows a homebirth but is made for kids. I can't seem to find anything and midwife said she has never seen or heard of anything like that. We have a few books that depict homebirth, some from the siblings point of view but I guess I am just looking for more than a few books - we have read them and read them and talked about...
that stinks - you are really going to have to get your dh to advocate for you. I found that it was really hard to "fight" when I was in labor. Are you going to deliver at Langley? My first was born at Portsmouth Naval and I would avoid that if you can. One of the problems with the milt hosp is that you end up being delivered by whoever is on duty -so that may be an OB that isn't 100% on board. Hopefully all goes well for you.
CounterGOPI - tricare said, "not under any conditions" what? They won't pay for it? ok to that, but they can't keep you from going out on your own and paying out of pocket for a homebirth.
For me - I found that the tub at my birth center was not deep enough, my belly stuck way out of the water - I really liked sitting in the shower, dh sat outside with a showerhead on a hose and sprayed my belly during a contraction and sprayed the floor between them _ I didn't like the spray between ctx This was my favorite way to labor. I did get in the tub during transition and delivered there and I am glad I did because I think the water was soothing during the actual...
This exact issue is really stressing me out and I am only 12 weeks. I really WANT to tell my mom, I really WANT her to be supportive, I really WANT her to come and be here with me - but I just don't think it is going to go down well. Lucky for me (not really I guess - cuz I wouldn't wish a bad birth on anybody) but I have had a number of friends who have had nightmare deliveries at the Naval Hosp and I have been telling my mom every gory detail LOL - Hopefully she will...
I am just curious what the CPM that you like so much is going to charge for prenatal care from 33 weeks on and the birth. Would it be worth it to you to have the birth attendant you want to support the kind of birth you want without messing with Tricare? That is what Dh and I have decided to do - basically I am doing dual care - I am prime so I see the OB they assigned me to and get all of my tests etc done for free at the Naval Hospital, then I am also seeing my LM. Dh...
The only midwife I have available to me for a hb is a CPM, and tricare prime will not pay so we are paying entirely out of pocket for her. Totally worth it to me. My daughter however was born at a birth center in Annapolis with a CNM and they did pay for that birth - with that one, Tricare was easy, The hard part was that I had to get the permission of clinic Cmdr to go outside for care. Once I had his blessing Tricare paid. It was weird.