or Connect

Posts by MamaScout

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this because I have not read all of the replies, but we love "Peep and the Big Wide World." I think it is on Discovery but we have them on dvd. They teach very basic science concepts to preschoolers. My son is 3, but has been watching them for about a year.
Wow! Thank you all so much! I will have DH dig the seat out of the garage and check it. It is a Graco. According to the website, it's good for 6 years.
I am due with baby #2 in January. I was planning on using DS' infant carseat with this new baby, but I'm hearing about carseats "expiring." The carseat will be approximately 4 and a half years old when #2 is born. It was used with two infants previously. Never in any accident of any kind. Any advice or know where I can go for the right info? THANKS!
Quote: Originally Posted by HSlater351 We are really struggling with naming our fourth baby. (Our first three are boys and we were really thrown for a loop when we found out this baby is a GIRL) We are having a lot more trouble with girls names than we ever had with boys. What are your favorite links for names online? I find boy names to be much harder, but that's just me I guess. Have you seen nymbler.com? That's my favorite website for girl...
Quote: Originally Posted by Throkmorton My not-weird name streak might be undone this time though. DH wants this baby to be named Ophelia. I love that name!
Quote: Originally Posted by Teacup9 Blow soapy bubbles into his open mouth. Those nose strips. If it is mouth breathing I recommend that strong denture glue. Throw loose change at his head. Sock in face method. Thanks for the laugh. I actually sat down at the computer tonight to post a new thread on this very topic. I am sleeping so poorly, it's really starting to affect me. I am only 16 weeks, but already I can't get comfortable, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by isosmom Here'e my thing with popular names. I don't mind if my dc names are popular in a classic sense. For example my son's name is James and I don't care how popular it is at any given time because it's more of a classic name. But I definatly wouldn't choose an unconventional name that was popular, because then, to me at least, it would seem more trendy popular rather than classic popular, which would bug me. Am I making any...
I had very little ms with my first (a boy) and lots of terrible nausea (but no vomiting) with this pregnancy. It is possible to avoid it, but I don't know if you have any control over it!
When I was pg with DS, we loved the girl's name we had picked out. At the the time, it wasn't that popular of a name, now it's in the top 10. Since we're pg again, we thought of dusting off the name, only to find out it's very popular now. We really love the name, but don't want our child to have the same name as many others in her class, and frankly, we want it to be a little different. Now it seems that every name I pick is pretty high in the ranking, say in the...
My three year old will absolutely not help clean up his messes. Now, I am not expecting him to vacuum and mop my house, or even to clean up everything in his room, but he is certainly old enough to help out when it's his own mess. Case in point: he loves to play with his Tinkertoys, but they have lots of tiny little parts, which he spills onto the floor every time he uses them. He insists every day that I take them down from the closet so he can play with them. We...