or Connect

Posts by MamaScout

I had a pretty bad tear with my first--he was having decels and my MW urged me to push push push fast to get him out. Tore me bigtime. He was also big--9 lbs, 8 oz. To top it off, my stitches didn't heal evenly, they were still a mess at 8 weeks postpartum, so I had to have them repaired with silver nitrate. That hurt more than the birth. I don't recall how long it was before we attempted sex, but I do remember it being about a year until sex didn't hurt anymore. ...
Hugs to you, Mama. : This too shall pass. I hope you and your boy get some good rest soon.
We love seashells for bath play. Good for pouring, counting, stacking, putting in other things, etc. Also, you could get metal measuring cups from a department store and use those for stackable cups. My DS also loves his mini metal pots and pans in the tub. The colander is a big hit because water pours out of the holes.
Quote: Originally Posted by sevenkids If you live in Broward, Dr. Tsinker at Plantation General does lovely vaginal breech births. He is European trained and is the only OB I know of who does breech, and he does them beautifully. This is a great lead, thanks! I am in Sarasota, but would be willing to drive. My first labor was only 5 hours, though, so I don't think I can drive too far.
I am almost at 37 weeks pregnant, and my baby is frank breech. My midwife cannot legally care for me after 37 weeks, and I have to transfer out. As far as I know, there is practically NO ONE who will attend a breech birth anymore in my area. My midwife would do it if she could, but her hands are tied. My first baby was quite large at 9.5 pounds, and I feel that I could push this baby out. I really do not want to be forced into a c-section. Is there anyone who can...
I take a peeled clove of garlic, wrap it in gauze, then tie it off tightly with dental floss. Trim the excess gauze, and insert. If my infection is really bad, I'll cut the garlic into chunks so there's more surface area and more of the active compounds being released. I usually do this right before going to sleep because I can taste the garlic in my mouth while it's down there. I take it out first thing in the morning. I've never had a problem leaving it in that...
My motherblessing is planned for a week from tomorrow and I am so excited!! This is my second baby but my first motherblessing. The mamas in my circle of friends have all been doing this for each other, so it's nothing terribly new to me. Anyone care to share anything special they did for their blessing? We usually do a reading, lighting of candles, sharing of blessings, then yarn around everyone's wrist, then eat. I would like to somehow include DH at the...
Wow. Thank you all so much for your love and support. I'm feeling a little better now, and I am doing alot of work on myself to get through this. I am journaling, and doing some birth art. I am trying to dwell on what was wonderful about DS's infancy, and how special it's going to be to have a new little life in our home again. I spoke with the midwife I had with pregnancy #1 (she is now retired and a good friend of mine). She said that this kind of apathy is...
I am 35 weeks pregnant with my second baby. This pregnancy came a year after my husband's vasectomy. My DS was a very difficult baby, his first 9 months were a total nightmare for me: a bad tear during birth, breastfeeding problems, health problems for DS, I broke my foot, and to top it all off I had no help or support from anyone except DH, and what was probably undiagnosed PPD. We found out about the pregnancy in June, and were totally blindsided by it, but decided...
I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! I'm due January 08, too, and I was just lurking in here because my baby is still breech at 35 weeks. I'm planning a homebirth, but have to transfer out if baby's still breech at 37 weeks. I know what you mean about a big weight on you. You have given me hope! Thank you for sharing!!!