or Connect

Posts by MamaScout

Quote: Originally Posted by AngieB That's what they did. For about the last 4months the container and lab paper work has been sitting on dh's dresser. Every few weeks I nag him about doing it.: Wow. My DH was so looking forward to unprotected anytime sex that he was taking care of it right away. To each his own, I guess! And I agree with Junegoddess. I don't know a man who would refuse that help!!
Quote: Originally Posted by AngieB It doesn't help that my dh will not go in for the test to see if the "v" worked. I think the idea of doing you know what into a cup and then taking to someone strange (probable women) who knows what he just did freaks him out. Yeah, I can understand that completely. With my DH, they gave him the container to take home and told him to return it with the "sample" inside. Perhaps they will do this for your DH....
Barcino: Hugs to you. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It helps put things in perspective. Your sentiment is powerful, and I can completely take your advice about being more intentional about things. I tend to get on autopilot, not only with this pregnancy, but with alot of things. Thank you.
Well, we did have DH's count checked, and we got the all-clear. But apparently, most doctors do several of those checks over the span of about a year. Wish we had known that, because our dr did only one. And yes, most recommend getting checked at least once a year. We are obviously going to keep our eyes on the situation from now on! The interesting thing was that when we went in for the second vasectomy, the dr took a look at DH's sperm count and said he'd be...
I am 25 weeks pregnant with baby #2. My first pregnancy, I was unemployed, and was able to stay home all day, watching my growing belly move, reading books, relaxing, and enjoying the entire wonderful, amazing process. This time, I have a very busy three year old boy to take care of all day every day. I talked DH into going to our first childbirth ed class tonight, thinking that might inspire me. It didn't really do much for me, other than make me realize that we...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunshinegal The trouble I seem to have is keeping track of my inventory. I have a list and try to cross off or highlight when I use up an item, but it never fails that I forget something. Or just plain forget to mark it off! Does anyone have a good system of keeping track of what you have used up and what you are going to need soon? I have a grocery shopping list that I have typed up on my computer. It lists most of...
I don't know if you are especially wanting to do these by hand, but this is a great thread that talks about making wooden figures but with a scroll saw. My DH and I are in the process of trying to make some of these. It looks pretty easy with the proper tools. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=562923
I'm with you--I try to let my 3 year old make as many decisions as possible. I believe it's important for us to teach our children to be independent thinkers. I ask my son every day, "what do you think?" and "why is that?" But sometimes they need to learn what is appropriate and where. For instance: my DS likes to run around naked sometimes. That is perfectly okay within our home, but he is learning that if he wants to go somewhere (the store, the park, etc.) than he...
Quote: Originally Posted by lmonter I had the same problem with brown rice and basically gave up - I always tried doing it on the stovetop. But then I discovered Alton Brown's baked brown rice recipe - I haven't had it turn out bad once. Plus I'm a fan of the fix-and-forget part of it. Sometimes I use garlic salt instead of the regular salt or add a few spices in if I feel like it, and it always turns out, and yummy I might add. The only drawback...
Quote: Originally Posted by zansmama So in the morning I hear this argument: "Wow, the gods must have left those for you!" (dp is sort of obesessed with greek mythology) "No papa, it was the fairies!" "no, the gods" "No the FAIRIES!" That is too cute! And I just had to share with you, zansmama, that my dad had me listening to Alice Cooper as a child, too, and I turned out okay. He still has the drawing I did of Alice Cooper when I...