or Connect

Posts by twilight girl

My daughter is not on the spectrum,but she is ADHD. She also has food intolerance issues with eggs, dairy, and wheat. Her frustration, anger get dialed up many notches, while her ability to control her reactions is dialed down several notches when she is under the influence of the offending foods. Have you ever had your son tested for food intolerance? That might be something to look into. Otherwise, with that kind of age difference, he really should have a space of...
My DD wore cat ears and a tail for at least two years, maybe more. She still does it occasionally, but is not obsessed with it anymore. She has ADHD and maybe some sensory issues, but nothing severe.
Hello everyone I'm going to sub to the thread for a bit while we decide if this is what we're dealing with! 7.5 year old DD is getting a psych-ed evaluation for possible placement in the local private school dedicated to kids with dyslexia, ADHD, SPD etc, as the mainstream private school is not sure that it is the "right placement" for her. We've had an ADHD diagnosis from about 2 years ago, but the new psychologist is suggesting possible SPD misdiagnosed as ADHD...
We just took our 7.5 y.o. DD in for educational testing for a possible enrollment in the school for dyslexia/ADHD/SPD. We had a previous diagnosis of ADHD from when we were living in Costa Rica. However, the new psychologist touched on something we said in our interview (she has not met DD yet) and suggested that she would be looking at a possible misdiagnosis of ADHD, and a possible sensory integration issue or SPD. I also have felt like DD fits the bill in many...
We have ADHD over here (or possible SPD misdiagnosed as ADHD), and as yet no one has even mentioned medication UNTIL we try behavioral modification and structure first. I would ALWAYS be wary of any prescription for a "slight" condition. I really don't believe medication is warranted except in severe cases of ADHD where the benefits do outweigh the risks. For a "slight ADHD" I don't know that they would IN OUR CASE. Good luck with your decision!
Re: beef, you can check out Cedar Run Farm in Sudlersville, MD. Shorter than 10 hours but still not exactly local. We've gotten their beef at the farmer's market, and there was a restaurant here in Chestertown that sold burgers made with their beef, and the burgers were great! There are a couple of options up in the Kent and Queen Anne's county way. Let me know if you'd like to hear more... myboycal: If Easton isn't too far to go, our ped was always open minded and...
Repeating, yes, impulse control. Your child understands NO but is still too young to have the impulse control to follow through consistently.
I turned the question back on DD when she was in that phase. Her response was "because yes." To date "because yes" will stop the whys dead! Even DS has caught on to it and he's just reaching the why stage.
Well, I don't know your kid in particular, but I was watching Sunday Morning 2 weeks or so ago, and they had an interview with Keith Urban. He said his father gave him a toy ukulele when he was 4 and told him to try to strum along with songs on the radio. By age 7 he said he told his father that he wanted to move to Nashville and be a country music star. And voila! So, go for it. She doesn't need to learn chords at 4. But any introduction to music is a great thing!!
I would start by not pushing something on him that he's not ready for. Why does it matter what other people think? Boys usually potty train later than girls, and 2.5 y.o. is really the early stage of potty readiness. My daughter potty trained completely by 2.5, but DS is 27 months, and he is not interested. We have a potty, he knows what it's for, and he is very resistant to the idea. If we were to push really hard, it would probably be a disaster and everyone would...