or Connect

Posts by memiles

Fish Oil:  The ND in our office says that Nordic Naturals is the only brand she really trusts.  It's pricey.   Game one done, game one won.  Nerve wracking- our girls took about 25 shots and the only on that went in was one that ricocheted off the opposing team's player.  We'll take it, but I'd rather tomorrow be a little less dramatic.    
 Zub.  Thinking of you.   RE:  the hair thing.  I have thick, black hair.  While I'd love to just let it go for a variety of reasons, I just can't get myself to do it.  Even in the dead of winter, I go for 4 or 5 days, then go to the gym in capris and worry the entire time that the rednecks in this town are horrified by my hairy legs.  I've never had a bikini wax, have always just gone super short with DH's beard trimmer...........until he got a new one, or at least...
Warrior Dash photos HERE.  Bib # 97018 if it didn't work.  Note:  my time is pathetic.  I was really mad about it until I realized it wasn't the run time that took me so long (I ran the grass and mostly walked the mud, as did almost everyone I saw), it was my terror about the obstacles.  When there was a line for anything high I picked the longest one, I really took my time because for me most part, at least half of them terrified me.  Had I actually pushed through them...
Oh, Dash Rash.  It was much discussed!  I had heard it was from one that had a water obstacle (ours didn't), but the ivy sounds like a possibility as well.  No rashes, just a seriously scraped knee and some really funny bruising, plus some mud in my ear that survived two showers.  The waiver you sign is actually hilarious, they really do cover all the bases on ways you could end up wounded, rashed, burned, drowned, bruised or lost.    
OK, two RR, one really rambly: The one I ran- When I got up in the morning I was kind of dreading the race.  It was in the 50's, raining and the news was saying it wasn't going to let up until late afternoon.  Made an executive decision that Dave and the kids would stay home, that I would change my outfit (tights instead of my skirt, old pair of Brooks instead of the VFF).  Talked to a friend who was going and she offered to drive, so I hitched in with her, her husband...
Quick driveby:  Leaving for the Warrior Dash.  It's 55 and POURING.  Completely overhauled the outfit-bye-bye VFF that give me blisters when wet and cute skirt, hello capri tights, thin UA base layer top and old pair of running shoes with the hole in the toe so I can just donate them at the end. Yes, the tank top for team shirts was my brilliant idea, why on earth do you ask?.  It's JULY!  Now I need to overhaul my attitude and go out there and rock the mud.  Decided to...
I got totally behind on last month so decided to wait for the new thread.  Four days later.....   Zub:  Pregnancy?  House?  Congrats!   I'm sitting here on my butt, finishing my coffee.  I need to get my ass in gear if I'm going to run today.  It's my last kidless day, haven't done nearly as much as I should have except spend some quality time with my Vibrams.  Oh, and graduating from PT.  Now to stop obsessing about every bit of sensation I get and just...
Real:  Yes, on the "some babies are just small" thoughts. This article addresses infant growth issues, but I think it applies in childhood as well.  Both of my girls have always hovered at the bottom of the scale in height, and E for weight as well.  There were times that Ellie was below the curve, but it was accompanied by obvious signs that she was sick before her celiac was diagnosed.  Now that she's healthy as a horse, she just weighs as much as kids half her age!...
Wait again.  Is that Jr as in jr size XXL (which would fit me), or Jr. as in style in an adult size XXL (which definitely wouldn't).  Hmmmm.  Anyone know?
Wait.  That junior size would totally fit me.  We don't have a Dick's here, I'm all over this!