or Connect

Posts by angelpie545

With all respect involved Smithie, you may not agree NOW, but I think what people are trying to say is that you never know until you are there.  Everyone has their own pre-conceived notion of the foster care system and adoption in general.  While you may now disagree and have strong opinions about how envision handling your case, the reality is that your simply cannot predict how it will go, and you must reconcle within yourself that it is a learning process.  With...
It all depends on the state.  My kids' chicken pox wasn't reported to the health department here in WA, but the cat bite I got from my kitten certainly was. They called and made sure I knew what to do and all. 
 I'm 100% with "leave her alone".  She has already had *two* losses, poor thing, and like someone else said, is probably terrified to lose this one too.  Right now the best thing you can do is just support her.  I can't begin to know the pain of losing a child, and I think your sister is entitled to do whatever she feels comfortable with to ensure she has a healthy baby, even if it's a scheduled c-section.  I am very pro-natural birth myself, but when there are red flag...
So, we just moved into a rental house. We'll probably only be here a year (due to an "old house" playdough-ey smell that's making me sick, and extremely high utility bills) but I want to make it at comfortable as possible. My girls have the biggest room in the house, but their walk-in closet doesn't have a door. So, I'm looking for one of those beaded hippie-like door hangs. I know they would just love it, but I have NO idea where to find those anymore!!  Anyone know of...
Only four months 'till they're a year old!! Sniff.  My little Ethan is 18lbs now (the last time we checked, anyway) and still nursing away.  He has two teeth and army crawling (tummy scooting?) ALL over the place.  He's learned how to get into a sitting position from his tummy, and is starting to pull up on everything he can.  Such a big boy! It seems like yesterday I was in the hospital with him. 
As a former teen mother who had a natural birth with midwives at the age of 18, I would very strongly caution you.  As someone mentioned above, the pelvis of a sixteen year old is still growing, not to mention her entire body.  Teen mothers are at higher risk for complications due to the fact that their bodies are not yet mature.  That includes everything from anemai to pre-eclampsia to fetal demise.  How would you and your daughter handle any complications that...
No advice, but wanted to sympathize-my ds nearly the same way, except it's every 2 hours or so instead of everything hour.  Some nights, it can get up to every hour.  We've hovered between just breastfeeding and solids since solid foods tend to make him really REALLY constipated, so I'm rather certain he's waking out of hunger.  I'm trying to figure out an eating schedule/food that works for him without making him so constipated. 
I'm really confused as to why the directer feels it is her place to even say something about it.  All because she knew to reboot the computer? Maybe the director is intimidated by all the technology she has access too? I'd probably politely thank her for her concern, but explain that your choices are none of her business-in a kind, non-confrontational way.  Is the director older? In our parents' time, technology usage wasn't anywhere as widespread or necessary as it is...
 You know, it is somewhat interesting that media outlets choose to attack Jenny McCarthy.  If I'm remembering correctly, she's publicly said that she believes vaccines are necessary and that we need them.  I think it's because they feel she promotes the vaccine/autism connection theory because of her experiences with her own son. 
I don't think the research ever ends.  I think it's important to know something about how each study is conducted (i.e., double blind, what was the control, ext.) to be able to evaluate whether or not the study is statistically significant.  It also helps you weed out the bunk and stick to the science.  FWIW I'm not against vaccinations at all-I do think they are effective at preventing disease, but I'm not entirely sure they are safe, based on what I've read and...