or Connect

Posts by angelpie545

Quote: Originally Posted by JessicaS A lot of Social Workers have nothing whatsoever to do with children. My friend's sister is a SW and I wouldn't let her watch my dog but she deals with financial aid and not children. If someone said they were a SW I wouldn't assume they know what they are doing because they might not ever see kids or have been trained in that area. I would have called the police if someone restrained me. This bears...
Heavenly, social work is my career choice as well. I see you're a mother of three; I am as well. I've been a teen mom, I've been on welfare, I've been poor, I've been stressed and hungry, I've had to seriously think of where I'm going to live and what I'm going to do for money, all while having children. I've dealt with overzeolous case workers who I felt were just going through the motions and didn't care, store clerks who were rude to me because I looked so young and...
As long as you have a realistic plan for you children should something happen to you or your spouse, then I also say go for it. My only issue with much older people having children is that it is terribly hard for the kids if one or both parents passes away. It's certainly not enough for me to express the opinion of "don't do it", but it's definitely a concern that I don't think should be taken lightly.
I wonder how they rationalize doing a PAP the first trimester than again after delivery. Is that insure you have your yearly PAP?
I had my midwife do it with #2 because of decreased fetal movement/lower end of normal heart rate, being almost 42 weeks, and facing the possibility of a hospital induction. It worked like a charm; I went into labor almost immediately. She was born in the evening the next day, following 24 hours of gentle contractions and 2 hours of hard labor. It was a good thing too, because the placenta looked aged when it came out. With #3 I was having a hospital birth anyway and...
It's absolutely a mental disorder, but one I feel should be dealt with aggressively. These people are truly victims of something they cannot control, for whatever reason. As much as I think all their things should just be tossed out immediately that wouldn't solve anything-it would just make issues worse since these people feel their "things" are part of them.
As invasive as it seems, I completely understand why hospitals test for certain drugs during labor. Withdrawal can be deadly for infants for it's important to know as much beforehand as possible, plus drug addicted patients are often less than forthcoming. With that said, I think it's ridiculous to throw a fit if the mother tests positive for something like THC (pot). It's not physically addictive (though psychologically it certainly can be) and not known to have...
Huh, my ds was almost 18lbs the last time we weighed him (at 6 months old, he's almost 7 months now) and he was in the 50% percentile. That was at WIC, and I'm not sure what charts they use.
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g Since we are not obligated to give out that information, as a right to privacy, I would have declined the interview, and any other calls after that. Interesting I have never received a call like that before, but if I ever do, it will just be a waste of their time. Yup. I would have just said "Thank you, but I'm not interested in participating. Have nice day."
Does this online school require the students to meet for tests? Or is it entirely online? I guess I'm confused as to why an entirely online school would want vaccine information, since there would be no chance of anyone getting sick in the virtual world. It doesn't make sense. In any even, your mother could simply state: "Vaccines are against my philosophical beliefs" in the explanation box. I doubt they will hassle her about it.