or Connect

Posts by bunsmom

You know, a lot of people just do not get it. I read a comment on another blog from a woman complaining about how those with special needs children get whatever they want from the school district, and then want more and how it upset her to see children at her daughters school having attendents and someone to change their diapers when her GIFTED daughter gets nothing because of the special needs children. WTF? It blows my mind that people actually think like that!...
Congratulations to both you of, I am sure you are so proud!!!
DD wears glasses for hers, although not very regularly. Her eye wanders more when she is tired. They didn't even suggest patching, and it would have been really difficult since she won't even tolerate the glasses for very long.
What a beautiful moment, that is so sweet.
That is a great observation. There are a few things DD won't eat and they are regular mashed potatoes, white rice (she will eat brown if mixed with something else), although she loves bananas. I really don't like forcing kids to eat things they don't want. I think we all (even children) know what we like and don't like, and the whole food thing can get ugly if allowed. I was a super picky eater as a child, but my parents also ate a lot of meat and food I just hated...
Usually we all eat the same thing, but if it something DD can't eat (like something spicy or a big salad (she can't swallow lettuce, it makes her gag), I will make her a sweet potato, some fruit and baked beans or pasta. She eats almost anything so it isn't difficult most of the time. I never thought of making her food separate, she just started eating what we were eating when she started eating solid food. If there were only a few things she would eat then I most...
DD was ill and also had a seizure on Saturday. Yesterday she tried walking without her AFO's. She has never tried to even stand in bare feet. She stood for several minutes and then took two crab like steps towards me, and was just so pround of herself. Later that evening, she said very clear "AGAIN" when I was pushing the top down on one of her toys. I had thought she had been saying again but it wasn't very clear. DD is non-verbal and the words she does say are not...
Our DD had a root canal with a silver crown, and four fillings done with just Novocaine. The thought of that makes me ill. And not done at one time, on three different occasions and then had the rest of her teeth sealed, and has not had a cavity since. The Dentist we go to does not do GA, and at the time I thought she was too little (and we had no clue what was going on with her, not that we do now, but she is older) and I was too afraid to have GA done in a dental office...
Happy Birthday! The birthday sounds like so much fun. That is also great about the end of the quest...I think we are heading to the end of that road ourselves.