or Connect

Posts by bunsmom

All of your children are adorable. Love the dolls too!
You are so so right about him being justified if he didn't have a mental illness. I so get the feeling about seeing your DC in this man. DD has therapy next door to an adult care center for adults with disabilities, and there have been a few times when I have seen someone upset, sad, angry etc...and they are not listened too, but instead told to "calm down" etc... I hope he is o.k.
Wow, what dedicated parents...I hate to b*%ch about the gas...I really do, but lately it has become an issue. I also really dislike driving, always have. The one lovely thing, is that DD just loves for me to look at her in the review mirror so I do that and talk to her and that just makes my day to see her smile...but I just wish I could find therapy closer.
I do not at all subscribe to the notion of IQ test for any child, developmentally delayed...all the way to gifted. I think all of us are so wonderful in so many way...I think the test(s) are screwed and strange. Perfect example is that my third grade teacher was so convinced that I was gifted (I am not) that he and several other teachers talked my parents into having my IQ tested...and I was "gifted" whatever that meant...but I still can not do basic algebra and a quite...
Quote: Originally Posted by SNRPMom We drive too. I'm keeping a log book and fill the tank with gas before we leave and then on the way back. Station is close to home to so I know exactly how much we used. Mileage AND the amount I spent for gas after the return trip goes in there. Last tax year we were able to claim the entire amount of $$ spent on gas driving to and from therapies, appointments and equipment fit/evals as a medical expense and we got it...
The cost of gas where we live is between $3.70 and $3.89 and most stations. DD has therapy four times a week and two different centers, so we are driving at least 130 miles a week, and the cost of gas is putting a huge dent in our finances. I don't see any way around it right now. I am just frustrated. There isn't anything close to us that I am aware of, and most places have a huge waiting list. I am going to try and get her therapy via our insurance, which is much...
Yes!!! DD is also slightly far sighted, and I bought her these http://www.solobambini.com/ They are super light and she will actally wear them during therapy, but not the rest of the time. She also has a lot of visual stims.
She doesn't sound like a real friend at all IMO. Competing to see who's child has the worst disability is just really immature on her part. I hope that you start feeling better soon. Get your DD the bracelet, I think that is an excellent idea. My DD is 3.5 and non verbal, and after reading your post I realized what a good idea that would be, so thank you for that. I know it feels bad now, but by not having this toxic person in your life, you will be more open...
That situation would be so frustrating. We just had yet another appointment with DD's Neuro. and he told me that out of all the children he sees with Developmental Delays and no diagnosis, 70% do not get a diagnosis. It left with me with a heavy heart, but I appreciated his honesty. From what you have written it seems as though we are on similar paths with our DD's. Regarding your DD and her PT, my DD had a similar situation and I really didn't want her to...