or Connect

Posts by bunsmom

They are so beautiful. Great photos too!
I read your entire post and I think it is great that you are able to put a positive spin on negative comments etc...I don't buy that as an excuse for repeat offenders. Children that make comments, I am fine with, they are learning all the time and just don't know, but friends and family members that continue to make rude, cruel and hurtful comments, so not o.k. My MIL is ALWAYS making little remarks when I have asked her to keep her comments to herself. It is not...
Happy Birthday to both of you! I went through the same feelings with Buns turned two, but in just one year she changed so much, her third birthday was easier. Enjoy the day with your DD!
:!!!!!
How much help do you have with your DC? I have very little except for the morning when DH feeds her and dresses her when I get ready. We leave he house every morning by 8:30 or 9:00 for therapy and/or Dr. appointments. When DH gets home he has her while I exercise, and then one of us makes dinner, that is it. We rarely go out without her. We go on vacations, dinners, parties etc...as a threesome. My Mother has watched her maybe five times (DD is 3.5) and I have an Aunt...
I so get what you are saying. My DD is 3 1/2, and does not speak or walk at all (except for using a walker), yet my Mother insists that she is just "fine" and will catch up. Yet, she won't watch her because of "she isn't like a typical three year old". Whatever Mom!
Quote: Originally Posted by lactationlady We went through years of infertility before conceiving our first, and I always hated that some people made me feel like my opinion on anything relating to children had absolutely no merit because I had none of my own. You can learn from children and understand children without having them, but the perspective is different when you do have children of your own. Children force growth and change, whether you want...
When your DC is obsessed with cleaning. Loves to watch you clean, cracks up at the restaurant when they clean the floors or tables as you are eating dinner. When you are in the produce area at the store and then are cleaning and she cranes her neck to watch. When the Swiffer makes her more happy than anything else, except watching you vacume. I am going to buy her a child size broom and mop for her birthday, it will be the best gift EVER. She even loves to watch...
Quote: Originally Posted by blsilva -when your 5yo runs down the hallway screaming in terror, "I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!". Because he is watching Backyardigans. : And after ascertaining that the remote did not accidentally tune itself to Saw, I find out that he is scared because Queen Uniqua might be mad at Tyrrone and Pablo. This made me laugh only because my DD loves the backyardigans but I can so understand where your...
It sounds as if you are feeling better. I think all of us can understand the feeling of just wanting to help our children but not knowing how.