or Connect

Posts by Mama Phoebe

I used to sing "Rose" over and over to my two, then learned some different words, and now that's what I sing, over and over, and then I for good measure I hum it over and over... I can make all things well I will make all things well I shall make all things well and all shall be well Rose lyrics: Rose Rose Rose Rose Will I ever see thee wed? I will marry at thy will sire At thy will I also sing Puff the Magic Dragon And the barenaked ladies song "have...
nursies. Or, more frequently NURSIEEEEEES!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad For the most part I have to say I don't like nerf guns... The whole "nerf" idea is so you can shoot at people without hurting them. That is not something I think children need to learn, that when you point and pull the trigger nobody gets hurt. : . That is a very good point. I will give this some thought as I am constantly revisiting the whole nerf toy issue in my mind and in my household. OP, tough...
Are there any camps that run shorter programs in your area? Like a five day camp? Or if horses are the main focus - what about a horse day camp program? What have you decided, OP?
Hey mama, My dd is almost three as well and I'm not SAH full time but I was and I have to say that if you're getting laundry done, meals cooked, and the garden started then you are Well On Your Way. Seriously. You are getting things done. And playing with your dd is pretty awesomely important and productive as well. Here are two things that sometimes work for me. (and I am also a yeller when times get tough .) - if I can invite DD to play BEFORE she gets bored...
I have no info regarding the CPS process. Is your lawyer able to help you with this? Are there any other advocacy groups to which you are connected that could help you? I haven't read your full story in SN but I can only imagine the nightmare you are going through. You sound strong in your post. I wish you all the best with your preparations and getting through this scary horrible time.
I have no idea what you are going through and no idea what impact messages of thought and support from people on the internet would have but since there is a forum here to write to you I wanted to take a moment to do so. I've thought of you off and on continuously for the past couple of days, and hoped that you are finding ways to take care of yourself through this grief. I am so sorry for your loss.
And, sorry, this is probably obvious from the fact that you haven't mentioned it as an option, but are there no state supervision services for cases like this? I actually have a fair bit of experience with a family member who had limited supervised visits with her children and a variety of different formats were tried. The hard thing about a friend of family member providing the "supervision" is the implicit hierarchy that is then created. This means that as the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spring Sun Can't you imagine having a little baby and calling her "Dax" for short? Awesome!
I'm so sorry for this loss. You will be in my thoughts.