or Connect

Posts by taramt

Hi everyone, I have a great stash of Motherease diapers that I am very happy with, but my DS has a large build and her diapers leave a big red line on her legs and tummy. She is 8 months, 23 lbs and I have her in a medium/large AIO on the biggest snap settings. Anyone out there with a recommendation for chunky babies? I'm trying to convince DS that we should invest in a whole set again, so the cost is something to consider as well, since he isn't as committed as I am to...
My 2 wk old BF daughter isn't gaining weight as quickly as our midwife would like, and after todays weigh in I was told that if she hasn't regained her birth weight by 3 wks,we have a mandatory pediatrician referral. She nurses very well, has a good latch and is on the breast for close to an hour at a time, every 3 hours during the day, every 4 at night. I've not been too concerned because she is healthy, has good muscle tone, is alert and active, etc. She has gained an...
My partner and I are  planning for a midwife assisted birth in February. I have a 7 year old son as well, who really wants to be present when his sister arrives, and I have mixed feelings about this. We live on a small island and will have to go by ferry to hospital (no home births allowed here!), so its no easy task to just call up and and have Nate come meet the new baby, especially if its the middle of the night. I've been weighing the pros and cons of having him...
My five year old has only a few things to do in the morning, and struggles daily to get them done on time. The one thing I am firm about is that he eats breakfast, so he must do that before he gets dressed. Otherwise, I need him to get dressed in preselected clothes, brush his teeth, put on coat and boots and pick up his backpack. There are days he is 30 minutes late for school, and so I asked his teacher for suggestions. She said he could come in his pj's with a snack...
Thanks for the input, mamas! Right now, with our son in kindergarten, we are doing 3 weekends a month with his dad, the rest of the time with me. For us, weekends means Friday at 5 to Monday at 6pm, so ds misses a day of school. This is going to change when grade 1 comes around, and for now it really burns me because my ex doesn't even take Mondays off to be with our son, who thankfully is looked after by a friend of mine with homeschooled children of similar...
My ex and I separated 2 years ago,and I moved 3 hours away with our son to be in a community that includes my mother and sister.  Six months after splitting up, I met and fell in love with Mr Fabulous, who loves me and my kid and we have decided to build a home here. My ex has gone ballistic, threatening and using guilt to get me to change my mind and move back so he has more access to our son. For various reasons, moving back isn't an option for us.  I am trying to...
So this morning we had a major 45 minute meltdown where ds was unable to come downstairs without my help, that culminated in him wetting himself rather that navigate the staircase himself. He has been peeing in the toilet for over 2 years now, and has been able to walk up and down stairs unassisted for the same amount of time. I had put my foot down after a week of him needing me to do EVERYTHING for him, I had enough and was not going to give in to the tantrum and go back...
I'm not too sure about Quebec laws, as I am in BC, but my understanding is document everything! If you remember dates, situations, etc write it all down. Maybe you have journal entries or something? In BC they are all about ensuring the child has a relationship with both parents as much as possible, but if there is a real fear for safety issues of you or the child, then that would be enough to lean strongly towards granting you sole custody. Good luck, what a horrible...
My ex and I have been apart for a year, our 4 yo son lives with me primarily but spends 3 weekends a month with his father and sister (from dad's previous relationship). My ex is Australian, I am Canadian and ds doesn't know his Aussie relatives beyond the odd skype call. Dad is planning to take the 2 children to Australia for 2 weeks in January, which has been a HUGE negotiation for us, for so many reasons. The long and short of it is that I am trying my best to be...
My family lives in a rural area with awful water, and so we buy our water bottled. Does anyone know if there is a company out there that makes a stainless steel bottle to put on top of our water cooler? Apparently, they won't refill glass ones at our local store due to breakage concerns (Something about explosion potential!). i am loathe to continue on with creepy plastic! Thanks for any suggestions! Tara