or Connect

Posts by Vanessa

I think my dh wants to do it this weekend. Always after Thanksgiving, though. I usually take it down on Dec 26 since I can't stand the clutter anymore by then. We'll be out of town this year, though, so I'm not sure if I'll wait until we're back or do it the night before we leave...
I love mine, too. We live in military housing, and someone thought it would be a great idea to have no eating areas without carpet. It's the one thing that drives me nuts about my house. My favorite cleaner is Folex, but I'm having a hard time finding it here. I've used just straight hot water as well, and that does work most of the time.
Thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed it.
We never had a playroom until a couple of months ago. (My oldest is 6.) I really enjoy having one, but it's convenient in my house since it's right off the kitchen. My boys do sleep upstairs while we sleep down, but they share a room, so they're okay with it. I could live without it if I had to, but I think it's a great thing for the stage of life that we're in.
We've probably got way too many toys to be posting on this thread, but I have to admit that we love them, and we play with them a lot. I'll share pics anyways just because I think it's fun to see how different people set up their toys. I have two boys (6 and 3.5) and a one year old baby girl. Some of our toys live in our playroom. This is a room that's off the back of our kitchen. The kids often play here while I work in the kitchen. We also snuggle on the couch...
I have a clip board that I glued big magnets to the back of so it could hang on the whiteboard in my pantry. (It hung on the side of our fridge at our last house.) It holds all of my lists, and then I take it with me when I leave the house. For a store where I need just a thing or two, I'll take the list off and leave it in the car. For the grocery store, I just bring it in.
I use labelled plastic bins on the shelves, too.
I used to collect them in a three ring binder in plastic sleeves. Now, I mainly collect them digitally since most of what I find is online. I save them in various files: Tear File-Quilting, Tear File-Girls Clothes, Tear File-Christmas, etc. If there's something I have in print that I want to save badly enough, I scan it in on my computer and add it to the file. It's much easier to look through for me this way.
Unless it's recent name-brand in pristine condition, just let it go. It won't be worth the time or energy. If it is pristine name-brand stuff, take it to a consignment shop and see what they have to say.
Definitely declutter. If I was seriously behind on laundry, I think I'd lug it all to the laundromat to get it all caught up in an afternoon.