or Connect

Posts by MusicLadyToo

scares me too for the same reasons as some of the others . . .what if I refuse the doctor's treatment. when i sign my refusal of treatment form will it be a direct line to DCF? shoot it scares me to refuse some of the vaccines I don't agree with because I'm always afraid that someone will tr to report medical abuse or something . . . i think screenings for PPD are important but there has to be a better way without laws to get it done . . .
I do think ADHD is overdiagnosed. I feel strongly that my 5yo would definitely be diagnosed with it. I also feel like what we feed our children contributes a lot to it. When I step back to more natural less processed foods, he is a much calmer child. I think the additives contribute to a lot of that . . . I can say this but it is VERY difficult to live it (when dh doesn't agree . . .)
I'm fairly certain that most hospitals will accept a payment plan and as long as the payemts are made as agreed too, there is no affect on your credit. IT won't hurt to talk to the hospital about htat . ..
I wonder whether I will be allowed to continue a relationship with DSD when/if her father and I divorce? I wonder how her mother is going to be since she and her husband are divorcing? I wonder why life is so difficult and people turn out to be very different than they say they are or than they act before you say I DO?
yeah we talked about that some but he was like, no way. i don't know if that will change over the course of this though. i mean he has 50-50 custody with mom and he works retail management so would have no one able to watch her on his shifts. i offered for her to "stay" with me and then when he is not working, he can come here and "stay" in the house and i'll make myself scarce during those times. i mean she didn't ask for any of this and it's not her fault so why should...
So I told my dh yesterday that our marriage was over. There were no tears and no yelling but I feel horrible! Not because my marriage is over but because I have been in DSD's life for the last 8 years and she's only 9. I know i would have no legal recourse to maintain a relationship with her but I want her to know that I am leaving her dad not her. I have children with her dad so they are her siblings too (and she has my son who has also been in her life for the last 8...
Jenifer, But I think most of us who are having this problem with older children have one household or another that does not enforce tantrums are not ok. I know for us personally when DSD's mom is enforcing basic courtesy rules, she is totally different child. I mean even a smart child will say to themselves "But if I do this long enough, they will have to give in Mom/Dad/Grandma/Grandpa always does" even when they KNOW that it won't happen with whomever they are with at...
DF needs to step in here in a MAJOR WAY!!! I"m sorry but your dsd should be REQUIRED to respect you in your house. I forget if you mention how old she is but my DSD sounds very similar to yours and the rules at her mother's house are NON-EXISTENT for her (as in she can do what she wants when she wants and if they try to do something other she whines and cries and then gets her way anyway and she's 9). From a very young age there were consequences to lack of respect. She...
Yeah, especially if she is initiating it. That is just crazy. I understand the one mom and one dad thing but hey if you aren't more than just Jen, why is he with you and raising his child with you?
I used a Maya SLing when mine were little. I have also used a moby wrap and mai tei when they were a little older.