or Connect

Posts by liliesandliars

People ask me this question all the time about DS. He is biracial, but I don't think that's the reason why they ask. I am quite a young mother. People will ask me if he's mine, and then they'd look at my hand in what they seem to think is a covert manner. I've gotten asked if I am babysitting my nephew or my baby brother. As for people asking me if he is biracial, yes... it does happen every once in awhile. When my family went to visit the Philippines a couple...
I'm Filipino-Chinese and DS is half caucasian. I live in Houston, and the asian-caucasian biracial family is not at all an uncommon sight here, so I don't really hear any rude comments from strangers. The ones who are most likely to ask me about my son's race will be people who have eurasian children themselves. I think we learn to spot eurasian kids in other families, even if they lean strongly in looks towards one side or the other. People are usually curious about...
OP... I wanted to say... have you ever seen the Dove commercial True Colors with all the little girls? Here it is on youtube in case you haven't seen it. I couldn't help but notice what race the child was who "wishes she was blonde." All the other little girls in the commercial were wishing for physical characteristics that didn't pertain to changing racial traits. In real life, a lot of the caucasian ladies here have mentioned wishing they were another race as...
My eurasian son is only three years old, so I have not had to deal with this issue yet. But I worry that I will have to. American culture is, I think, friendlier to the idea of asian women than it is to the idea of asian men. We're seeing more and more asian women in our media, playing varied roles. But asian men (when they are featured) pretty much fit the same stereotype that they always have worn in American culture... and it's not necessarily an appealing one. The...
My boy is almost three years old. For maybe the past two months, the tip of his foreskin has been reddish in color. And maybe a little bit swollen. I feel bad for having ignored it, but I suppose I thought that it would pass. He has no problems urinating. It never seems to bother him, but when I ask him if it hurts, he just tells me very cheerfully, "Boo-boo!" As if he thinks it looks injured (he's even mentioned that it's red in color) but he doesn't seem bothered...
When did the intact rate reach 56%? I thought that was the percentage for circ'ed, not the other way around.
... I wish they would speak up. I was just looking over that gallery. Assuming that all those actors listed there actually are intact, think of the influence they could have if, say, some of them agreed to be interviewed on being an intact man and why it would be a good idea to leave a boy's penis whole. Think of the impact it would make on the average American male, to realize that so many of his celebrity-kindred-spirits are actually uncircumcised. We're talking...
Oy. I might have slapped him.
What did he end up doing? Did he retract it anyway?
Condoning the abuse is easier than admitting the fact that abuse was committed against them, for some people. A lot of people. It's a defense mechanism. And it plays a big part in the cycle of abuse.