or Connect

Posts by liliesandliars

Thanks for the links. I'm not so sure now, though. When he says ow, it seems to me now that he's holding his scrotum area. He did have an orchiopexy done a few months ago. Now I'm worried that something is wrong with the surgical area...
Really... I didn't know that about Korea. I had thought that the Philippines (where I was born) was the only Asian country with a high prevalence of circumcision. It was due to missionaries' influences, too.
Oh, goodness... I can't believe I forgot to mention this to you all. Those of you who are religious may have believed the propaganda emails going around about the Golden Compass, that it is a movie about killing God, etc. It's only one way of viewing the trilogy. Perpective is right about the anti-circumcision quotes in the movie. The film is somewhat watered-down compared to the books, so circumcision is only alluded to. I tend to think that most of the audience will...
I read a quote once from a nurse who used to assist in circumcisions. Talked about how they were not allowed to send the babies back to their parents until they had calmed down. How they would tell them that they slept through it, or that they only cried a little bit. I can't remember where it came from. If you hear someone say it again, I'd ask them if they actually saw the baby "sleep through it" or if that's just what the nurse told them.
I thought that was funny too. But do you guys remember when Kumar was taunting Harold about Maria being in Amsterdam? He said that she was probably doing something tmi to an uncircumcised penis... lol. What surprises me is that the above line would imply that Harold and Kumar are circumcised themselves. Most Korean and Indian Americans whose parents are born outside the US would probably not circumcise their sons... it's not their cultural custom. Eh, maybe their...
Well, I regret to say that my one and only experience with an intact male was in my freshman college year, with a boy who seemed to not have very good hygiene. *TMI WARNING* His penis smelled, tasted, etc. as bad as all the pro-circs said it would. And, since this happened before my pregnancy, that memory was a source of stress when I made the decision not to circumcise my son. In the end, common sense won over, and I just hoped and prayed that the one intact guy I'd...
My little boy is 2 1/2. Lately he will have these moments where he says "Ow, ow..." and holds his genital area. I ask him what hurts, he points to his penis. He's urinating normally, so I doubt that it's UTI. I was thinking that his foreskin is probably separating, but is it normal for a boy to have pain during that process?
^^ I kind of wonder if that's what it was, too... it's the first thing that occurred to me when I read the words
It's been a long time since I've posted here. My son was born two and a half years ago and ever since then I've had to deal with periodic opposition for my decision to leave him intact. Family, friends, etc. have all taken it upon themselves to give me their opinions on the health risks I'm imposing on Imriel, and not-so-rarely they will simply tell me how gross they think uncircumcised penises are. I'm not an intactivist... if people want to mutilate their...
On another board I go to, moms are being warned to take their kids' pictures off of their signatures because there are reported incidents of childrens' pictures being taken from mom boards and used for fetish sites. No you're not overreacting at all.