or Connect

Posts by liliesandliars

Hi, I had to share something that was brought up on another site. There's something called an Epi-No Delphine Plus that is used for training the perineum and pelvic floor muscles for childbirth. Basically it's a sillicone balloon that you pump up while it's inside your vagina, and it gradually stretches your perineum so that when it comes time for baby, there's a lesser chance of tearing. You use it in the three weeks prior to your due date. Have any of you heard...
I'm also going to have to tell my mother that she's not going to be at the birth. There's a possibility this might be hard for her to understand, seeing as I'm nineteen and single and one would think that I would want familial support when I have my baby. But I was alone at the beginning of this pregnancy (the baby's father had left and I didn't tell my family I was pregnant for two or three months) so I have a need to be alone when I give birth. My mother is already...
I've only been having miscarriage dreams...
sarahcecile - Yes, I've read Pullman's books. As soon as I finished book three, I knew I was going to use the name Lyra for a daughter. I'll definitely read the books to her, or give her the books to read, when she gets older. As for the mn Beatrix... heehee... I think you ladies would laugh at me if I told you where I got it from. *cough* Kill Bill *cough* flapjack - I love the name Asher! Have you ever read "My Name is Asher Lev" by Chaim Potok? It's one...
Lyra Beatrix or Rafe Imriel All that's left to be decided is boy or girl... and that's not up to me...
Continuing w/ the star wars geekiness... In Return of the Jedi, when Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother, he asks her specifically if she remembers her REAL mother. Why would he word his question this way if he was not asking about Padme, or if Leia didn't already know she was adopted? This, and the way Leia answered, "... she was very beautiful, but sad..." both suggest that they were referring to Padme, and not Bail Organa's wife. Lucas did slip...
Did anyone else find it odd that a droid designed to deliver babies can't tell what a baby's sex is?? It had to ask Obi-Wan both times, "Is it a boy or a girl?" :LOL I was also confused about the operation bit. If that was an operation, it's a weird one... her legs are up and she's crying in pain! As for the cone-thing that was hiding Padme's "lady parts"... it was keeping her knees no more than a foot apart from each other. Good luck squeezing a baby out like...
Ohhh, it made me sad!! I mean, you'd think that because you already know what's going to happen, you won't start BAWLING when everybody starts to die left and right. WRONG, at least in my case. Let me just warn you that Padme's part of the story might hit particularly close to home if you're a pregnant woman. Those poor babies! In my opinion it was better than I and II put together. The acting had improved so much compared to Ep. II. Anyway, I have...
I'm watching it tomorrow! I have to wait for my friend to come home from Louisiana and then we're going to see it.
Lady, I'm so sorry your hubby is acting this way. I almost think that you SHOULD hide from him so that you can relax and let the baby come. Has he got any idea how his stressing you out is affecting your ability to go into labor? If he does, then it sounds to me like HE'S being selfish with all his impatience. You're the one who has grown this baby inside you since conception, there is no reason for him to suddenly believe that you can't handle what's going on. You...