or Connect

Posts by GranoLLLy-girl

Sparkle--I feel inadequate.  Totally.   And I do agree with you regarding who you would date based on personal qualities over looks--there has to be something there initially--wouldn't you agree?   Anyway...looks like I'll have to just call him!  He probably needs those tools!  LOL
I have to laugh because I'm SO rusty at dating!  It's been 20 years.  I'm a little overweight but I do wear makeup. So--I got a leak and called my home warranty folks.  They sent a totally adorable guy over to fix my leak.  Throughout the course of the hour that he was there he told me I had the prettiest hair and eyes, called me babydoll (which I thought was cute because he apologized as soon as he said it), and my neighbor who came to see what was up--even said that...
sparklefairy--in this case, you ARE right.  We had been married for over a decade before the kids came.  He said he never wanted kids.  We talked about it for well over a year before they were born.  He was a good dad when other folks were watching--but friends said to me (because I was blind to his comments) that he would say stuff like:  do something with YOUR kids--if they were crying or grumpy at a party or something.  He was distant to them.  He would run off and do...
Gosh, lots of lookers....few hellos!  Thanks for the responses...you are right...it is semantics--I guess what bugs me is that he left because he was having a mid-life crisis and wanted to get rid of the whole package...so it was not just ME he was leaving.  And that implies fault.  Ya know? I'm OK. Some days, better than others.  I have to laugh--a needy man?  What is that?  Mine was so emotionally distant that he hadn't said that he loved me in about ten years and...
Here's an update for me!  Well, it's been a year (plus) since x walked out the door on our 20th anniversary.  I'm doing OK.  Sold our mcmansion in less than a month back in the winter--and bought myself a little house with just enough space for me, my kids, our cat, and my rabbits--that I got back after they lived in a shelter for almost six months.  Those of you might recall, one of his issues was that he hated my pets with a passion and promised me that he would work...
Psycho is as psycho does.  Amen.
Fortunately you know you have been an enabler.  Now you need to deal with it.  Unfortunately you gave him the money that would have been a nice downpayment for you on a new home.  The years will continue to go by.  Make the best of it.
You CAN do this.  But it WILL be tough.  Why do you have to give up your MIL?  You can have a relationship with her despite your divorce from her son.  There is no rule. I was married 20 years and my ex announced he was done (and then walked out) ON our 20th anniversary (go back and read some of my crazy posts). I have since sold our home and moved--and so far, it is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. I had PHONY neighbors and now I live in a house that I...
I'm with ExOfficia on this one.  I was the one that he walked out on.  We had been married twenty years.  He announced that he wanted to leave AND left ON our 20th anniversary.  Talk about a blow.  I don't think I ate or slept for a month. I begged and pleaded, we went to two different counselors--one time each (that part was a joke).  In the end, he had already made up his mind.  Your ex will survive this.  He will.  In fact, he'll probably do better than I will ever...
LOL--I can see it now--following him around with my trusty old camera and my finger on speed dial to the police--they'd appreciate that, I'm sure.  LOL I was so devastated when my ex left--now I'm just as giddy as a school girl. Then again--he's giddy too, since he's WITH a school girl!  LOL!!